Committee Member of Intellectual Property Practice Group
Sherrie M. Flynn joined Coleman & Horowitt, LLP in 2013. Prior to joining the firm, she was associated with the Fresno intellectual property boutique, The Law Offices of Andrew D. Fortney. She was also formerly associated with the Fresno firm Baker Manock & Jensen.
Sherrie has represented clients in business, real estate, construction (where she has over 30 years of business and engineering experience), business torts and intellectual property registration and enforcement, including numerous patents, trademarks, and copyrights. She serves as a member of the board of directors for Sierra Challenge Express and Central Valley Business Incubator.
- Juris Doctor
Juris Doctor San Joaquin College of Law with High Honors
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering Carnegie Mellon University
- Business litigation
- Complex litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Unfair competition litigation
- Patent Prosecution
- Trademark, Trade Name and Copyright registration and enforcement
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- All California courts, Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, United States District Court (Northern and Eastern Districts of California), Registered Patent attorney, USPTO
- Procured nearly 100 issued patents and countless registered trademarks for clients.
- Successfully argued against multiple rejections and objections by Examiners in patent and trademark registration applications.
- Obtained a permanent injunction and an award of over $8 million in damages and attorneys fees in a trademark infringement action.
- Successfully defended through trial a trademark cancellation proceeding before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board filed by one of the largest growers, packers and shippers of fresh citrus fruit.
- Obtained a permanent injunction and an award of over $2 million in damages and attorneys fees in a trademark infringement action.
- Successfully defended a client against a claim of fraud on the US Patent and Trademark Office in a trademark cancellation proceeding.
- Successfully negotiated favorable settlements in copyright infringement cases.
- Successfully negotiated coexistence agreements in trademark opposition proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Honors & Awards
- 2016 -2019 Super Lawyer
- 2014-2015 Rising Star
- San Joaquin College of Law Agricultural Law Review, 2004-2005, Managing Editor
- George A. Hopper Moot Court Competition, Best Oral Advocate 2002
- Fresno County Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association