Chandler Atkins received his bachelor’s degree in history from Lindenwood University before attending Saint Louis University School of Law where he obtained concentrations in both Civil Litigation and Criminal Litigation. He has a broad range of experience working in the areas of automobile accident liability, insurance law, legal malpractice defense, construction defects, personal injury defense, family law, premises liability, worker’s compensation, criminal defense and traffic law / DWI.
He has litigated and tried cases throughout Missouri and Illinois. Chandler’s focus is on insurance defense in representing defendants in the areas of wrongful death, auto accidents, premises liability, legal malpractice, dram shop actions, slip and falls, product liability, worker’s compensation, and construction site accidents.
Chandler’s experience includes defending a trucking company and its driver in a lawsuit alleging the driver was negligent following a traffic accident. Chandler successfully argued to the jury in St. Louis County that the driver was not negligent. After deliberating for approximately fifteen minutes, the jury returned a unanimous defense verdict in favor of the trucking company. Additionally, Chandler actively holds a Commercial Driver's License in Missouri.
Chandler has received several awards and recognitions, including being named as Volunteer of the Year by Saint Louis University School of Law, a recipient of the William E. Jaudes Scholarship for community service, and a Sonnenschein Scholar. Chandler co-authored the article on D.W.I. traffic stops, To Blow or Not to Blow for The St. Louis Bar Journal in 2009. In 2012, Chandler was recognized by Lt. Governor Peter Kinder for his role in volunteering as Director of the New Heights Tutoring & Mentoring Program in Wentzville, Missouri. In 2013, Chandler successfully completed the Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers Trial Academy which was instructed by the state’s leading defense trial lawyers and judges.
- Insurance Defense
- Premises and Dram Shop Defense
- Insurance Coverage and Extra Contractual Liability Defense
- Lindenwood University, B.A.,
- Saint Louis University School of Law, J.D.,
- U.S. District Court
- Eastern District of Missouri
- Southern District of Illinois
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- St. Charles County Bar Association
- Claims and Litigation Alliance
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- To Blow or Not to Blow, St. Louis Bar Journal, 2009
Awards and Recognitions:
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2016-Present
- Volunteer of the Year, Saint Louis University School of Law
- William E. Jaudes Scholarship for Community Service
- Sonnenschien Scholar
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers, Trial Academy
Pro Bono and Public Service:
- Founder & Volunteer Director, New Heights Tutoring & Mentoring Program, Recognized by Lt. Governor Peter Kinder, Wentzville, MO, 2012