Carlos is a lawyer and IP&IT statutory auditor, Privacy Counsel and Data Protection Officer (DPO), he is a specialist in Information Technology and Intellectual Property Rights (IP&IT) law with a career spanning almost 20 years in legal consulting and regulatory compliance on Data Protection and privacy at international level, Big Data or AI, e-commerce, digital evidence management, copyright, trademarks and image, ISO 27001 and finally, the regulation of digital environments and cybersecurity in general.
Carlos is also a director of the Digital Law Department of A2SECURE, Spanish leader in cybersecurity, which positions the North Legal team as experts in the area of digital law, providing it with an innovative approach in the combination of the legal world with technology, which undoubtedly adds value to our clients.
Through his daily work with computer engineers and IT system administrators in the Spanish and international public and private sectors, as well as non-profit entities, Carlos has developed a deep and comprehensive knowledge of the legal realities and needs of a wide variety of businesses. In all cases, with a very practical vision to identify legal problems and to look for flexible, real and feasible solutions adapted to the characteristics and needs of the client.
- Digital Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Legal Audit of Technological Environments.
- Data Protection Officer (DPO Services)
- Master’s Degree in Law at the Pompeu Fabra University (UPF).
- Postgraduate Degree ESADE-Ramón Llull University in New Technology Law.
- PhD in the Artificial Intelligence (AI) programme at the Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC).
Teaching and other information of interest:
- Collaborating lecturer in the Digital Law Course CEF-UDIMA (Centro de Estudios Financieros / Madrid Open University).
- Collaborating lecturer in the Master's Degree in Access to the Legal Profession CEF-UDIMA and ICAB - University of Barcelona (UB).
- Member of the Information and Communication Technologies Law Section of the Barcelona Bar Association (ICAB).
Public Registry of Auditors in Technological Environments AULETEC - Bar Association of Barcelona (ICAB).
- Spanish, Catalan, English, Italian.