Arthur Grossman is a member of the firm's Executive Committee and Co-Chair of the Commercial and Corporate Litigation Practice Group. Arthur has over 42 years of experience in commercial and corporate litigation. He specializes in matters involving partnership and shareholder agreements, construction contracts, real estate contracts (leases, joint venture and development contracts), employment agreements, trade secret agreements/restrictive covenants, and merger/acquisition agreements. He has litigated these matters in the State and Federal courts in New Jersey, administrative agencies in New Jersey, and State and Federal courts in other jurisdictions (Texas, Virginia, Illinois, Kansas, Iowa, Pennsylvania, Louisiana and New York), as well as in alternate dispute resolution forums such as arbitration and mediation.
Arthur also has extensive experience in matrimonial matters involving complex financial and business issues. In addition to Arthur’s litigation experience, he has been involved in various transactional matters (including negotiations and contract drafting) relating to shareholder agreements, partnership agreements, employment contracts, restrictive covenant and trade secret agreements, sale and security agreements, and lease agreements.
He has also been involved in various community activities. He served as a member of the Livingston Zoning Board of Adjustment from 1979 to 1986 (two years of which he served as Chairman of the Board). He has also served on a variety of other commissions and boards for Livingston Township.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial and Corporate Litigation (chair)
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law - Newark, Newark, New Jersey, 1968
- Rutgers University, Newark, New Jersey
- Honors: High Honors
Honors and Awards
- Rutgers Law Review Editor
- Phi Beta Kappa
- New Jersey Super Lawyers - 2006, 2007, 2009 - 2012
Professional Association Memberships
- Morris County Chancery Mediation Panel
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- 1944, Newark, New Jersey
Attorney News & Announcements