Arla D. Cahill is a partner in the Firm’s Litigation Department and is licensed to practice law in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania. She concentrates her practice on complex commercial litigation and business counseling on behalf of business organizations and financial institutions. Her practice includes consumer fraud, business fraud, racketeering and trade secret claims, contract disputes, restrictive covenant enforcement and complex construction contract disputes.
Ms. Cahill serves on the New Jersey Supreme Court Ethics Committee for Essex District V-B and is a volunteer attorney for the Battered Women's Legal Advocacy Project. She is a Barrister member of the Worrall F. Mountain Inn of Court and Counselor to its Executive Board. She previously has served on boards of nonprofit business and educational entities. Ms. Cahill has lectured in the areas of legal ethics, public contracts and construction law before various professional organizations.
Following law school, Ms. Cahill served as Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Leo Yanoff, J.S.C., of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Civil Division in Essex County (1996-1997).
Ms. Cahill has appeared in the 2006, 2007 and 2008 editions of New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars published by Law and Politics and New Jersey Monthly Magazine.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial and Corporate Litigation
- Construction Litigation and Counseling
- New Jersey, 1996
- Pennsylvania, 1996
- New York, 2007
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 2003
- U.S.District Court Southern District of New York, 2008
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Honors: Legal Writing Teaching Assistant
- Honors: Appellate Moot Court Board Member
- Honors: Research Assistant to Professor Pamela Samuelson (Intellectual Property)
- Montclair State University College of Science and Mathematics, Upper Montclair, NJ
- Honors: cum laude
- Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA
- Honors: Teaching and Research Assistantship
Professional Association Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania State Bar Association
- Morris County Bar Association
- New Jersey