A creative and ardent advocate for her clients, Karina Sterman defends businesses in class action lawsuits as well as in discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, and other employment disputes. While she regularly defends companies in administrative proceedings in front of the EEOC, Department of Labor, California Labor Commissioner, and other jurisdictions, she leverages her significant experience in “behind the scenes” counseling to avoid or resolve pending claims.
A partner in both the Litigation and Employment Law Departments, Karina counsels her clients on wage and hour and other employment law compliance, drafting employment-related documents, and participating in a business-minded employment strategy to minimize the risks of litigation and costly long-term mistakes. She regularly provides employment law training, performs HR legal audits, and builds trade secret protection plans to maximize the value of her clients’ investment in their intellectual property.
In addition to being a published author and frequent guest speaker on employment law and intellectual property matters, Karina is proud to maintain a Martindale-Hubbell peer review rating of AV Preeminent. She is also honored to have been recognized by her peers for many years on the Southern California Super Lawyers list.
- Board Member, StepUp Women's Network (Los Angeles)
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association's Diversity in the Law Committee
- Pro Bono Volunteer for Alliance for Children’s Rights
- Event volunteer for CASA DC
- Former, California Women Lawyers District 7 Governor
- Listed, Southern California Super Lawyers, Employment Litigation, 2014-2020
- Listed, Super Lawyers Rising Star, Employment Law, 2005-2012
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal
- U.S. Federal District Court – Central District of California
- All California courts
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law (J.D., 1997)
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., 1993)