Marion Weinstock serves as Chair of the Commercial Transactions Section for the firm. Her practice covers a wide range of commercial transactions. She has handled and closed real estate purchases and sales of apartment complexes, warehouses, shopping centers and other commercial properties and has negotiated and prepared commercial leases (for both landlords and tenants), purchase agreements, condominium documents, servitude agreements and many other types of contracts and agreements. Marion regularly represents chemical plants in negotiating and documenting acquisitions and sales of plants, the granting and obtaining of servitudes, easements, leases and other industrial real estate related agreements.
Marion has documented and closed financings involving all types of collateral, including real estate, state and offshore oil and gas leases, equipment, accounts receivable, securities, ships, vessels, partnership interests, rights-of-way, pipelines and letters of credit. She has negotiated loan work-outs and has rendered many third-party legal opinions in connection with financings, stock issuances, mergers and acquisitions and other corporate and partnership matters. She has handled several bank holding company reorganizations and has prepared proxy materials and private offering memoranda for stock issuances by banks and insurance and other companies.
As a licensed title insurance agent and officer of Current Title Agency, L.L.C. (the Firm’s title agency), Marion has prepared numerous title insurance policies on large commercial properties and has also advised in and out-of-state lenders on title and survey issues. She is also an approved attorney for Fidelity National Insurance Company and WFG National Title Insurance Company.
Prior to entering the private practice of law, Marion clerked for the Honorable Walter F. Marcus, Jr., Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of Louisiana. While in law school, she was a member of Tulane Law Review and graduated summa cum laude. She was also inducted into Order of the Coif and received the Faculty Medal for graduating first in her class.
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Creditors’ Rights
- Oil, Gas and Energy Transactions
- Real Estate and Commercial Leasing
- Pipeline, Storage and Transmission
- Oilfield Service Company Transactions and Litigation
- Title Services
- Business Transactions and Entity Formation and Governance
- Commercial Financing and Secured Transactions
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures
- Energy and Natural Resources
- Industrial, Chemical and Manufacturing
- Real Estate
- Tulane University, J.D. summa cum laude 1987
- H. Sophie Newcomb Memorial College, B.S. magna cum laude 1984
- Honorable Walter F. Marcus, Jr., Associate Justice, Supreme Court of Louisiana
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Louisiana Bar Foundation – Fellow
- Louisiana Law Institute – UCC Committee
- Junior League of New Orleans – Sustaining Member
- Women’s Energy Network – Member
- Selected to Louisiana Super Lawyers (2015-2020)
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Louisiana Bar Foundation – Fellow
- New Orleans Magazine “Top Lawyers” – Mortgage Banking Foreclosure Law (2013, 2014)
- Best Lawyers in America – Securitization and Structured Finance Law (Since 2010)
- Best Lawyers in America – Lawyer of the Year in New Orleans for Securitization and Structured Finance Law (2013 and 2015)
- Chambers USA – Banking and Finance
- Corporate Issues: Corporations, Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies, Presenter, Gordon Arata Montgomery Barnett Annual Duck Lunch, October 2017