Consumer Law Articles
Written By: Robert P. Christensen, Esq.
Robert P. Christensen, P.A.
HOW TO SELECT A TRIAL LAWYER
No one plans on having an accident where they are in the hospital, missing work and uncertain as to the future. There is little in life experiences to prepare you for this problem. You need a trial lawyer.
How do you find the right one? Do you write down the phone number from the billboard or the television commercial? Do you think that because someone is mass marketed that that makes him or her a better lawyer?
The truth be told, being known through mass marketing means less when choosing a trial lawyer than choosing laundry detergent. Think about it. You may spend hours researching a new flat screen television or new computer. The same amount of time and research should be spent on researching which lawyer is the best for your case.
When you are doing your research, ask these questions:
- Which lawyer in the firm will be handling my case?
- What is the trial experience of the lawyer handling my case?
- How will my bills be paid?
- How long does it take to resolve the case?
- Do you take every case that comes in the door?
- What are your criteria for accepting a case?
- What are your expectations of me?
- What did I like about the lawyer?
- Did the lawyer make me feel like I was being listened to?
- 10. Do I feel I can trust this person?
Once you have asked these questions, you will be able to make a good choice in selecting the right lawyer for your case.