The law firm of Christian & Small LLP is pleased to announce 12 partners have been selected for inclusion on the list of 2016 Mid-South Super Lawyers, and three more partners were named to the 2016 Mid-South Rising Stars list. Additionally, Managing Partner Deborah Alley Smith was named to the 2016 Top 50 Women Mid-South Super Lawyers List, and Smith and Partner Daniel D. Sparks were named to the 2016 Top 50 Alabama Super Lawyers list.
Christian & Small attorneys recognized are:
- LaBella S. Alvis – Personal Injury Defense
- James B. Carlson – Personal Injury Defense (Products)
- Thomas W. Christian – Civil Litigation Defense
- Edgar M. Elliott, IV – Civil Litigation Defense
- John W Johnson, II – Insurance Coverage
- Rick D. Norris, Jr. – Personal Injury Defense
- Richard F. Ogle – Business Litigation
- Deborah Alley Smith – Appellate, Top 50 Alabama Super Lawyers, Top 50 Women Mid-South Super Lawyers
- Richard E. Smith – Business Litigation
- Daniel D. Sparks – Creditor/Debtor Rights, Top 50 Alabama Super Lawyers
- Sharon Donaldson Stuart – Business Litigation
- Michael A. Vercher – Civil Litigation Defense
2016 Mid-South Rising Stars:
- Bradley R. Hightower – Bankruptcy
- Jonathan W. Macklem – Business Litigation
- Richard M. Thayer – General Litigation
Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business, is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The annual selections are made using a patented multiphase process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, an independent research evaluation of candidates, and peer reviews by practice area. The Rising Stars list is developed using the same selection process, however candidates must be either 40 years old or younger and in practice for 10 or fewer years.
All attorneys first go through the Super Lawyers selection process. Those who are not selected to the Super Lawyers list, but who meet either one of the Rising Stars eligibility requirements, go through the Rising Stars selection process. While up to 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are named to Super Lawyers, no more than 2.5 percent are named to the Rising Stars list.
About Christian & Small LLP
Christian & Small represents a diverse clientele throughout Alabama, the Southeast and the nation with clients ranging from individuals and closely held businesses to Fortune 500 corporations. By matching highly experienced lawyers with specific client needs, Christian & Small develops innovative, effective and efficient solutions for clients. Christian & Small focuses on the areas of litigation, business and tax and is a member of the International Society of Primerus Law Firms and the only Alabama member firm in the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity.