Trevor L. Stapleton, Esq.
Mr. Stapleton joined Wilke, Fleury, Hoffelt, Gould & Birney, LLP, as an Associate in September, 2005. He obtained his Juris Doctorate and Certificate in Dispute Resolution from Willamette University College of Law in 1996, and his LL.M. in Taxation from the University of Washington School of Law in 1997.
Wilke, Fleury, Hoffelt, Gould & Birney, LLP
2005 to the 2008 Associate,
2009 to the present, Partner
Transactional practice including business and commercial matters, non-profit organizations, professional organizations, strategic tax planning for businesses and individuals, estate and gift tax planning, probate and trusts, as well as representation of clients in business and personal tax controversies before State and Federal Agencies
Associate, Sutton Law Center, Granite Bay, California
2004 – 2005
Associate, Aoki & Sakamoto LLP, Seattle, Washington.
2000 – 2004
Associate, Law Office of Mark T. Schleck, P.S., Seattle, Washington.
1997 – 2000
- Business Entities & Transactions
- Estate Planning & Probate
- University of Washington – LL.M. (1997)
- Willamette University – J.D. (1996)
- California State University Sacramento – B.A. (1993)
1997 Admitted to the Washington State Bar Association.
2002 Admitted to practice before the United States Tax Court.
2004 Admitted to the California State Bar Association.
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ACTIVITIES
2008 – Present: Down Syndrome Information Alliance, Sacramento, California
- Member of Board of Directors
- Chair, Finance Committee
2000 – 2004: King County Bar Association, Seattle, Washington.
- Volunteer Speaker
- Volunteer Attorney, tax and estate planning clinics
2000 – 2001: King County Dispute Resolution Center, Seattle, Washington.
- Volunteer Conciliator
1999 – 2001: King County Superior Court, Ex Parte and Probate Department, Seattle, Washington
- Volunteer Probate Review Attorney
October 2003: Featured Speaker: “How to Draft Wills”
Washington State Bar Association, Continuing Legal Education, Seattle, Washington
July 2003: Featured Speaker: “The Probate Process for Washington Paralegals”
Institute for Paralegal Education, Seattle, Washington.
June 2008: Featured Speaker: “Drafting Effective Wills and Trusts”
National Business Institute, Sacramento, California
- Time To Review Fringe Benefits, Reimbursements, and Worker Classifications – Wilke Fleury Labor and Employment Newsletter, (May 2010)
Estate Planning & Probate Publications
- Conservatorships For People With Disabilities, (November 2010)
- Trusts For People With Disabilities, (November 2010)
- 2010 YEAR END TAX PLANNING ALERT, (November 2010)