Detroit, MI Attorney
Thomas G. Cardelli, Esq.
Tom Cardelli is a board certified civil trial lawyer, in accordance with the ABAapproved National Board of Trial Advocacy (NBTA). He has completed 146 jury trials during his career. Most recently, Mr. Cardelli earned the designation of Certified Litigation Management Professional from the Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM) in a course hosted at Columbia Law School.
Mr. Cardelli holds an AV® rating and Preeminent Lawyer designation from Martindale-Hubbell. He has been recognized by Super Lawyers® from 2007 to 2012.
Since its founding in 1991, the firm has grown to more than 30 employees under Mr. Cardelli’s leadership. Several of the firm’s clients have been with Mr. Cardelli for three decades.
Mr. Cardelli is active with volunteer work for Shrine Catholic Church and is the chair of its Finance Council.
- Michigan State University, B.A. Philosophy, 1977
- Detroit College of Law, J.D., 1980
- Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition Runner-Up, 1980
- State Bar of Michigan,1980
- State Bar of Ohio, 2004
- Founding member of present firm in 1991.
- Former partner in prior law firm.
- Several of the firm’s clients have been with Mr. Cardelli for over 30 years.
- 146 Jury Trials Completed.
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Preeminent Lawyer designation by Martindale-Hubbell.
- National Board of Trial Advocacy (NBTA) – American Bar Association approved.
- Civil Litigation Certificate.
- Selected for inclusion in 2007-2012 Michigan Super Lawyers. Only five percent of lawyers in the state are selected.
- Complex civil trials; personal injury, product liability; employment; malpractice/professional liability, commercial, school & ERISA litigation.
- Litigated hundreds of matters for Elevator companies in Michigan and Ohio. Member of the Elevator/Escalator Safety Foundation.
- “Product Liability Relief for Component Part Manufacturers”, 69 Michigan Bar Journal 812, May 1990 and 32 For The Defense 20, May, 1990 Co-Authors Thomas G. Cardelli and Cheryl A. Cardelli
- “Liability of Component Part Manufacturers for Design Defects in Completed Products”, 2 Products Liability Law Journal 64, March 1990 Co-Authors Thomas G. Cardelli and Cheryl A. Cardelli
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Italian-American Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel, Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Wayne County Mediation Tribunal Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Product Liability Advisory Council (PLAC)
- National Board of Trial Advocacy (NBTA)
- National School Boards Association Council of School Attorneys
- Born: Detroit, Michigan, 1955; Married to Marcia Brooks Cardelli, M.D.; 4 Children: Marian, Benjamin, Christopher and Dominic.
- Marathon running, skiing, and golf
- 50 Fittest CEO’s over 50 in Southeast Michigan, 2006
- National Shrine of the Little Flower Finance Committee
- Shrine Catholic High School Mock Trial Coach
Attorney News & Announcements:
- Sonbay v. Zadeh, 116 Mich App 659 (1982)
- McMiddleton v. Otis Elevator Company, 424 Mich 862; 377 NW2d 821 (Mich, 12/18/85)
- Glavin v. Baker Material Handling Corporation, 132 Mich App 318; 347 NW2d 222 (Mich App, 2/21/84)
- Childress v. Gresen Manufacturing Company, 888 F2d 45 (6th Cir MI, 1989), Prod. Liab. Rep. (CCH) p. 12, 290
- Hartsfield v. Otis Elevator Company, 986 F. Supp 449 (E.D. Mich. 1997)
- Clark Bros. Sales Company v Dana Corp, 777 F. Supp 2d 837 (E.D. Mi. 1999)
- Telescan v. Pacaar 115 F. Supp 772 (2000)
- Shawl v. Spence Brothers 2008 Mich. App. Lexis 1706 (2008)
- Romain v. Frankenmuth Mutual Insurance Company 754 N.W.2d 257 (Mich. 2008)