Los Angeles Attorney
Steven J. Lurie, Esq.
Recently recognized by the Daily Journal as one of California’s Top 100 Attorneys, listed in California Real Estate Journal as one of an “elite group” of “California Dealmakers,” and profiled in the Los Angeles Business Journal’s ”Who’s Who in Real Estate” special report, Steve Lurie has a developer/investor-based transactional real estate practice.
Mr. Lurie has extensive experience in purchase and sale transactions, financing and loan work out transactions, distressed asset transactions, lease transactions, tax-deferred exchanges, construction projects, and joint venture transactions.
In addition, Mr. Lurie specializes in representing owners, investors and managers in the purchase, sale, leasing, management and financing of golf courses.
- JD, University of California, Berkeley (Boalt Hall School of Law), Order of the Coif, 1988
- BS, University of California, Berkeley, Phi Beta Kappa, Beta Gamma Sigma, Business Administration Major, 1984
- Golf Courses
- Real Estate
- Restructuring & Loan Workouts
- Restaurant, Food & Beverage Law Group
- Pro Bono Counsel, Maple Counseling Center
- Member, Board of Directors, City of Hope Los Angeles Real Estate Council
- “Top 100 Attorney,” Daily Journal, 2010
- “California Dealmaker,” California Real Estate Journal, 2009
- “Who’s Who in Real Estate,” Los Angeles Business Journal, 2009
- Listed, Southern California Super Lawyers, 2007-2013
- Former Chairman, Real Estate Section of the Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Received The State Bar of California’s “Wiley W. Manuel Pro Bono Award” in recognition of contribution of pro bono legal services
- Rated, “AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5,” Martindale Hubbell
- Speaker, National Golf Course Owners Association 2010 Multi-Course Owners Leadership Retreat, “Deal Panel: Workouts, Deals, Opportunities and Financing”
- Moderator, ULI Urban Marketplace 2010, “New Deals for a New Era”
- Presented two all-day seminars on the topic “Commercial Real Estate Leases: What you Need to Know” for the Center for Professional Education