Los Angeles Attorney
Stefanie J. Lipson, Esq.
Stefanie J. Lipson is an attorney in Greenberg Glusker’s Private Client Services group. Ms. Lipson’s practice focuses on providing families with counsel in all aspects of their personal legacy planning, including operation and succession planning for family owned businesses, tax efficient long term wealth transfer solutions, and funding and ongoing administration of family foundations. Ms. Lipson specializes in providing tax counsel for multi-generational family owned businesses, real estate entrepreneurs and high profile entertainment industry figures.
Ms. Lipson’s close relationships with her clients and her understanding of their businesses and wealth structure allow her to employ a holistic approach to addressing a client’s long term planning needs. Working together with the family’s team of advisors, including family office general counsel, outside business managers, accountants and wealth management advisors, and using her specialized tax background, Ms. Lipson provides counsel to the senior generation by crafting responsible and tax efficient strategies to meet the family’s wealth transfer and charitable goals while addressing family governance and business management concerns that arise in the wealth transition process.
Ms. Lipson’s unique approach engages multiple generations of the family from the early stages of the planning process by assisting in educating the younger generations on the privileges and responsibilities of wealth transfer, while working with this generation to understand the importance of adopting long term planning strategies early for the next generation.
Whether planning for a significant liquidity event or assisting in the transition of family business equity and management interests, Ms. Lipson works with each generation of the family to address the “What’s Next” question.
Recognizing the difficulties and emotional hardship the death of a loved one can cause, Ms. Lipson’s assistance to families through the post-death administration process provides families with continuity of counsel during a sensitive time, helping surviving spouses, children, siblings and grandchildren navigate the complications of wealth transition and asset division while carrying out their loved ones’ wishes.
Ms. Lipson has been recognized by Southern California’s Super Lawyers as a Rising Star each year since 2009.
- JD, University of Southern California Gould School of Law, 2006
- BA, magna cum laude, University of California Los Angeles, Phi Beta Kappa, History Major, 2003
- Law Clerk, Family Division, Superior Court of New Jersey, Middlesex County
- Family/Strategic Wealth Planning
- Charities & Nonprofit Organizations
- Trusts & Estates Administration
- Trusts & Estates Planning
Speaking Engagements & Published Articles
- Co-Author, The Business Skills Trust: Helping Younger Generations To Take A Leadership Role In The Family Business - Jon J. Gallo and Stefanie J. Lipson
- Author, “Entering the ‘legal twilight zone’: a lesson in trust law,” Los Angeles Daily Journal, February 2012
- Author, “Death, Taxes and the Oscars,” The Recorder, February 28, 2011
- Co-Author, “Trust Governing Law Clauses: Issues the Estate Planning Lawyer Should Consider In Drafting Governing Law Clauses,” 2010 Southern California Tax and Estate Planning Forum
- Speaker, “An Estate Planning Expedition: What To Do Now and What To Know To Be Successful Later,” April 2009
- Listed, Southern California Rising Stars, 2009,-2012