Simon Charles, Esq.
Phone: +44 20 7209 2000
Simon is a corporate partner advising public and private companies, NOMADs, sponsors, brokers and investors. He handles financings, restructurings, M and A, admissions to AIM and the Main Market, corporate governance and Financial Services & Markets Act issues including AIM and FCA investigations. Simon regularly advises NOMADs on secondary equity issues and IPOs. He has a particular interest in software and technology and telecoms companies. He also specialises in advising investors and intermediaries in energy and natural resources matters.
Simon joined Marriott Harrison LLP in 2004 having previously worked in two leading multinational law firms, Dechert and Dewey LeBoeuf. He has been a Main Market sponsor and NOMAD with Numis and is rated in Chambers and Legal 500 as a noted practitioner in corporate finance law. He has been described by clients as ” A tough and effective negotiator” and “Hugely experienced, with a great blend of legal knowledge and commercial experience”.
- Advising AIM listed VOIP telecoms provider on acquisition and general commercial and corporate affairs
- Acting for Stagecoach Theatre Arts Plc on its recommended offer by Encore Capital
- Advising Crown Products (Kent) Limited on its mandatory offer for Waterline Group Plc
- Advising fiduciary services businesses on trust and commercial matters
- Advising AIM listed Imaginatik Plc on fundraising, structuring issues and its commercial and corporate affairs
- Advising Evolve Capital Plc on its acquisition by way of a scheme of arrangement under the Companies Act 2006 of Astaire Group Plc
Areas of Practice:
- Capital Markets
- The Takeover Code
- Banking and Finance
- M & A
- Joint Ventures
- Reorganisations and Structuring