Robert W. Bivins, Esq.
Leadership: Immediate Past Chair of Commercial Law Practice Group
Robert W. (“Bob”) Bivins is a founding partner and the managing partner of Bivins & Hemenway, P.A. Bob has held an “AV” rating from Martindale Hubbell for 15 years, and has been listed as a Florida Super Lawyer two consecutive years. Bob is a third generation Tampa Bay area resident, who in addition to his legal practice is also involved in property management, cattle ranching, and other agricultural enterprises. Bob’s practice focuses on commercial, business law, and real estate transactions.
Real Estate; Real Estate Development; Real Estate Title Insurance; Business Law; Corporate Law; Commercial Law; Commercial Real Estate; Banks and Banking; Mortgage Law; Property Law; Finance; Contracts; Leases and Leasing; Wills; Trusts and Estates; Environmental Law; Probate; Agency and Distributorships; Partnership Law; Mergers and Acquisitions; Mediation; Construction Law; Copyrights; Debtor and Creditor; Eminent Domain; Franchises and Franchising; Guardianship and Conservatorship; Trademarks; Intellectual Property; Premises Liability; Equipment Finance and Leasing; Resorts and Leisure; Agricultural Law; Animal Law
- University of South Florida, B.A., 1982
- University of Florida, J.D., with honors, 1985
- 1985, Florida
- 1986, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- The Florida Bar (Member, Sections on: Real Property, Probate and Trust Law; Environmental and Land Use Law)
- Hillsborough County Bar Association (Past Chairman, Corporation, Banking and Business Law Committee, 1989-1990)
- International Society of Primerus Law Firms (Co-Chairman, Commercial Law Practice Group; Member, Real Estate Practice Group; Member, Primerus Executive Committee)
- Real Estate Investment Council of Tampa Bay
Civic Membership and Activities:
- Tampa Connection, Inc., 1997-1998
- Leadership Tampa Alumni Association, Inc.
- Leadership Brandon Alumni Association, Inc.
- Brandon Family YMCA Advisory Board, Past Chairman
- Campo Family YMCA Advisory Board, Chairman
- Tampa Metropolitan Area YMCA, Inc., Past Director, Advisory Board
- Optimist Club of Tampa, Inc., Director and Past President
- Greater Brandon Chamber of Commerce, Director
- Winthrop/Bloomingdale Area Council, Greater Brandon Chamber of Commerce, Co-Chairman
- Named as Florida Super Lawyer, 2009, 2010
- Law Clerk to Chief Justice Parker Lee McDonald, Florida Supreme Court, 1985-1987
- Editor-in-Chief, University of Florida Law Review, 1985
- “Alternative Dispute Resolution and the Courts,” 42 The Arbitration Journal 58, 1987
- “Keys to Success in a Real Estate Transaction,” National Business Institute, 1994
- “Advanced Principals of Title Insurance in Florida,” National Business Institute, 2001
- “Silencing The Name Droppers: The Intelligence Identities Protection Act of 1982,” 36 University of Florida Law Review 841, 1984
- Co-Author, “A Tale of Two Theories: The Expanding Dimensions of Mail, Wire, and Securities Fraud Liability,” The Florida Bar Journal, October 1988
Attorney News & Announcements: