R. Christopher Esson, Esq.
As a shareholder of Downs . Stanford, Mr. Esson’s practice focuses on insurance defense litigation with an emphasis on Workers’ Compensation. He is board certified in Workers’ Compensation Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Mr. Esson also has extensive experience in subrogation, liability, general civil litigation, and complex, multi-party litigation. Mr. Esson has handled hundreds of administrative hearings before the Texas Workers’ Compensation Commission, and has sat first chair on a multitude of civil trials across the state. He also helps insurance clients set up programs to more efficiently and effectively process incoming claims, streamline claims handling, and reduce medical and indemnity costs. A seasoned lecturer, Mr. Esson is frequently called upon by insurance carriers and providers to address legal issues such as claims handling and Workers’ Compensation. He also conducts continuing legal education seminars.
- State of Texas (1994)
- United States District Court—Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Texas Association of Young Lawyers
- Southern Methodist University, J.D., 1994
- Emory University, B.A., 1990
- Board Certified in Workers’ Compensation Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization