Detroit, MI Attorney
R. Carl Lanfear, Esq.
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, J.D., 1990, Cum Laude.
- University of Detroit Mercy, B.A. Economics, 1987, Magna Cum Laude.
- University of Detroit Mercy, Law Review, Associate Editor 1989-1990.
- National Moot Court Team, 1989-1990
Admitted to the Bar
Civil Litigation with an emphasis on trial advocacy.
Thirty four successful defense verdicts, including:
- Defense verdict in United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan- No cause in a rear end trucking accident where plaintiff claimed a traumatic brain injury and permanent disability. An independent case evaluation panel valued plaintiff’s case at $500,000.00.
- Defense verdict in Wayne County Circuit Court – No cause of action on a wrongful death claim. An independent case evaluation panel valued plaintiff’s claims at $2,500,000.
- Defense verdict in Wayne County Circuit Court. Plaintiff was paralyzed from the waist down as a result of trucking accident in disputed liability case. An independent case evaluation panel valued plaintiff’s claims at $4,000,000. Plaintiff rejected a pre-trial settlement offer of $1,000,000. The jury found plaintiff had significant comparative fault and awarded $140,000.
- Defense verdict in Oakland County Circuit Court in representing an insurance company in a Michigan No Fault First Party case. An independent case evaluation panel valued plaintiff’s claims at $1,000,000.
- Summary disposition in a product liability case pending in Wayne County where documented damages exceeded $20,000,000.
- Golden Gavel Award For Outstanding Achievement 2006 – Westfield Insurance
- Golden Gavel Award For Outstanding Achievement 2007 – Westfield Insurance
- United House of Prayer v. United Building Contractors, et al. 428 F Supp 2d 688 (ED Mich. 2006)
- Telescan v Paccar, 115 F. Supp 772 (ED Mich. 2000)
State Bar of Michigan; Oakland County Bar Association; Detroit Bar Association; International Society of Primerus Law Firms; The Incorporated Society of Irish/American Lawyers