Philip H. Lucht, Esq.
Languages: English, German
Philip concentrates on the management of commercial and business litigation and a transactional practice in commercial finance and environmental law. A former journalist, and editor on the staff of Newsweek Magazine, he is well placed to understand business and the issues facing individual businesspeople. Philip is responsible for establishing effective working practices and relations with new clients, and is the primary day-to-day project and client management contact for many of our clients. Philip has provided responsible cost-effective recovery of assets and debt on thousands of matters, representing many millions of dollars in recovered value for KMKSC clients through both negotiation and trial advocacy.
Philip has years of experience in providing environmental regulatory and compliance consultancy relating to potential acquisitions and assessment of existing liabilities. He has conducted numerous Phase I Environmental property assessments for commercial and industrial clients throughout the United States and Canada, including Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company, Kohl’s Department Stores, and Steelcase. His environmental experience also includes CERCLA super fund assessments, state and federal soil and groundwater cleanup, corrective action programs, air and water pollution control and permitting, hazardous materials management, and brownfield redevelopment analyses and the coordination of and research for appeals under the State of Wisconsin Environmental Cleanup Fund (PECFA) for corporate clients.
- Business Law
- Commercial Bankruptcy
- Commercial Collections
- Commercial Law
- Creditors’ Rights
- Environmental Law
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Fluent German speaker, with experience in working with German legal materials
- Currently studying Japanese
Three years as a Production Editor with Business Week Magazine
- University of Wisconsin, J.D. (1991)
- University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, B.A. in Journalism
- Intern with the Washington Star newspaper in Washington, D.C. (Junior Year)
- Phi Eta Sigma – University of Wisconsin, Freshman Honor Society
- Harry J. Grant Scholarship
- Served on student court as a justice writer for college paper
Member Fox Point Lutheran Church