Los Angeles Attorney
Nancy A. Bertrando, Esq.
Nancy Bertrando chairs Greenberg Glusker’s Employment Group. She exclusively represents employers in all aspects of employment law and employer relations.
Nancy works collaboratively with her clients in finding ways to substantially minimize their risk of employment litigation, wage claims and other employment related claims, and to protect their proprietary interests and confidential information.
Although Nancy represents employers in all industries and of all sizes, she has unique and specialized experience in representing high profile and high net worth individuals in their personal employment relations with their domestic employees.
- JD, University of Southern California Law School, 1985
- BA, San Diego State University, 1979
- Employment Law
- Employment Litigation
- Preventive Counseling
- Restaurant, Food & Beverage Law Group
- Interviewed,”Reddit Urges Employee to Quit Job, Collect Unemployment Benefits,” Forbes.com, July 13, 2012
- Co-Author, “What business owners should know about e-mail privacy policies in case of employment litigation,” Smart Business Magazine, May 2011
- Quoted, “Can Angelina’s Bodyguard Get Away With Telling All?,” E! Online, May 2009
- Represented two major studios as lead employment counsel in their acquisition of other companies; negotiated and settled out countless high-level executive contracts and advised on statutory notice requirements and final pay obligations
- Oversees daily operational employment issues for a variety of clients, including studios, production companies and talent; assists such clients in protecting both their personal and business-related confidential information, compliance with local state and federal wage and hour and discrimination laws, and formulation and enforcement of their personnel policies
- Works closely with Greenberg Glusker’s employment litigators in defending wrongful termination, discrimination and wage and hour claims in a wide variety of industries
- Regularly and successfully appears on clients’ behalf before numerous public agencies, including the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Employment Development Department, the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement and the United States Department of Labor
- Regular lecturer at seminars for business owners sponsored by the California Employment Development Department, the Westside Chambers of Commerce and the California Advisory Counsel
- Frequently conducts seminars for clients, including sessions designed to train supervisors and management to properly hire, counsel and terminate employees and minimize claims of discrimination and harassment in the workplace
- Highest “AV” Rating, Martindale Hubbell Law Directory
- Member, Labor and Employment Law section, American Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Law section, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Law section, Century City Bar Association
- Board Member, Incontri in Terra di Siena