Los Angeles Attorney
Kevin Sher, Esq.
Kevin Sher has experience in general real estate matters including residential and commercial purchase and sale transactions, retail and office leasing, real estate financing, distressed properties and debt acquisition.
Mr. Sher also has experience in general land use matters including subdivisions, lot line adjustments, easements, zoning, nonconforming uses and the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
Mr. Sher has handled complex purchase and sale transactions involving defeasances, 1031 and 1033 exchanges, tenancy-in-common, joint ventures, seller financing and property tax issues.
Mr. Sher has also handled negotiations with municipalities and local agencies regarding zoning and CEQA compliance.
- JD, UCLA School of Law, Order of Coif, 2005
- BA, Summa Cum Laude, University of California, Los Angeles, Phi Beta Kappa, 2002
- Construction Contracts
- Real Estate
- Exchanges, Sales & Dispositions
- High-end Home Development, Sales & Dispositions
- Hotel, Resort & Second Home Communities
- Author, “Will Your Tenant Go Up in Smoke? The Risks of Leasing to a Medical Marijuana Dispensary in Los Angeles,” AIRWaves Newsletter, March 31, 2011
- Author, “Seeing the Greenbacks in a Green Retrofit: Key Issues for Securing Financing for a Green Retrofit,” Greenberg Glusker Environmental Law Blog, October 26, 2010
- Author, “To Fish or Cut Bait?: Steps for Evaluating Whether to Provide a Distressed Tenant with Rent Concessions Needed to Weather the Economic Downturn,” Office & Commercial Magazine, Issue 4, 2008
- Author, “Tainted Real Estate Transactions on the Rise,” National Real Estate Investor, October 2008
- Author, “Transactions In A Post 9/11 World,” Real Estate Southern California, September 2008
- Co-Author, “New California Law Affects Subcontractor Indemnity Clauses,” California Construction, published by The McGraw Hill Companies, California, June 2006
- Member, UCLA Alumni Association
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) – Real Property Section