Mexico City Attorney
Felipe Chapula, Esq.
Phone: +52 55 5093 9700
Languages: Spanish, English
- Chair of Primerus Business Law Institute of Latin America and Caribbean
- Quality Assurance Board
Felipe Chapula Almaraz is a partner at CCN, where he became the first non-founding partner of the firm where he has worked as an attorney since 1996. He is the partner in charge of CCN’s offices in Mexico City and Ciudad Juarez. His legal practice includes corporate, mergers and acquisitions, anti-trust, automotive and consumer products; as well as implementing business and customs strategies for exporters operating in accordance with numerous free trade agreements signed by Mexico.
Mr. Chapula is experienced in tax and customs law and has worked on numerous complex international business transactions, M&A and start ups. Mr. Chapula speaks English and Spanish fluently and is accustomed to representing U.S., European, Central American and South American clients in their operations and investments in Mexico, as well as with many Mexican companies operating domestically. Among the notable legal matters worked on over the years is Mr. Chapula’s work in multiple global acquisitions involving complex multi-subsidiary transactions and their anti-trust implications.
- Course on Negotiation: Creating Value in Deals and Disputes ( Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts), 2006
- Universidad Panamericana, Mexico City, Mexico, LL.M, 2000
- Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico City, Mexico, J.D., 1996
- Mexico, 1998
- Academia Mexicana de Derecho Energético (AMDE)
- International Trade
- Mergers & Acquisitions