Mexico City Attorney
Dr. Mario Melgar-Adalid, Esq.
Languages: Spanish, English, German
Dr. Mario Melgar-Adalid is of counsel to the firm, where he has served since 2008. Before joining CCN, Dr. Melgar-Adalid was Director of the Permanent Branch Campus of the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM) in San Antonio, Texas, from 2001-2008. He has served in important public posts in the Mexican public and academic sector including, among others, the appointment by Mexico’s President to Mexico’s Ministry of Health and served on the Mexican Federal Judicial Council (Consejero de la Judicatura Federal) from 1994-1999. Along with his extensive work at the UNAM in both Mexico and San Antonio, Dr. Melgar has published seven books and written more than 100 articles on topics such as public administration, education and law. He is currently an research fellow of the Instituto de Investigaciones Jurídicas de la UNAM and a weekly columnist for the Mexican daily newspaper, Excelsior.
Other Practice Areas:
- Constitutional Law
- Administrative Law
- International Law
Spanish, English and German
- Universidad Autónoma de México, Mexico City, Mexico (Doctorate in Law, 1997)
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas (Masters in Public Affairs, 1987)
- Universidad Autónoma de México, Mexico City, Mexico (J.D., 1970)
- Economía: Lecciones Elementales, Editorial Limusa Wiley, Mexico, first edition 1978 (five editions)
- Destino Los Pinos (novel), Editorial Diana, first Edition, Mexico, 1981, (three editions)
- La Carrera Política y Militar de Juan Alvarez, de Clyde G. Bushnell, Spanish translation. Editorial Miguel Angel Porrúa, México.
- Educación superior. Propuesta de modernización. Una visión de la Modernización de México, Fondo de Cultura Económica, Mexico, 1994
- La Justicia electoral, Cuadernos para la Reforma de la justicia, Instituto de Investigaciones Jurídicas, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, México, 1999
- The Federal Judicial Systems of the United States of México and the United Mexican States, National Center for States Courts Williamsburg, Virginia, 2001;
- East Los Angeles History of a Barrio por Ricardo Romo, Spanish translation, UNAM, 2003
- El Consejo de la Judicatura Federal, Editorial Porrúa, S.A, México, D.F., first edition 1997 (four editions 1997-2000)