David M. Villadolid, Esq.
Leadership: Chair of Quality Assurance Board
David Villadolid is an AV® Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 peer review rated attorney in Martindale-Hubbell and the senior partner in the firm’s Employment Law section. David advises management and executives on a variety of employment issues including compliance with state and federal employment laws and regulations; recruiting, hiring, discipline and termination of employees; restrictive covenants; severance agreements; reductions in force; structuring the workforce (including the use of independent contractors and leased, part-time and temporary employees); executive compensation; and the defense of discrimination and retaliation claims before the EEOC and other agencies and tribunals.
In his 28 years of legal practice, David has represented many different kinds of privately owned businesses from entrepreneurial start ups to assisting a statewide heavy equipment dealer transition to the third generation of family ownership. David’s experience includes the formation of minority owned businesses, succession planning, the sale, merger or acquisition of the business and many other aspects of business matters and agreements. David has advocated on behalf of business clients in a broad range of litigation disputes, representing clients before state and federal courts, but he prefers to resolve issues and avoid litigation if possible.
David currently serves as the Chair of the Labor & Employment Law Section of International Society of Primerus Law Firms, Ltd. (“Primerus”), a global organization of independent boutique law firms with 170 member firms in 120 cities. David also serves on the Quality Control Assurance Committee established by the Leadership Council of Primerus and has lectured frequently on employment law issues for the Maricopa County Bar Association (MCBA) and for other associations, employers and private companies. David is a founding director and former president of the Labor & Employment Law Section of the MCBA.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1982
- A.B., Dartmouth College, 1977 cum laude
- New York (inactive)
- Connecticut (inactive)
- Florida (retired)
- New Jersey (retired)
Areas of Concentration:
- Business Litigation
- Discrimination Claims
- Employment Contracts
- Employment Litigation
- Restrictive Covenants and Agreements Not to Solicit or Compete
- Workplace Practices
Honors & Awards:
- Selected, Southwest Super Lawyers 2012-2014
- President’s Club Award, Brophy College Preparatory, 2009
- Chair, Labor & Employment Practice Group, International Society of Primerus Law Firms, Ltd. 2010-present
- Member, Quality Assurance Committee, International Society of Primerus Law Firms, Ltd., 2011-present
- Chair, Employment Law Section, Maricopa County Bar Association 2000 to 2008
- Director, Employment Law Section, Maricopa County Bar Association 2000 to present
- State Bar of Arizona
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Resource Member to the Board of Regents, Brophy College Preparatory, 1996 to present
- General Counsel, Desert View Learning Center, 2003 to present
- Director, Desert View Learning Center, 1998 to 2003
Attorney News & Announcements:
- Twenty Attorneys at Burch & Cracchiolo Selected as Southwest Super Lawyers/Rising Stars
- Twenty-two Attorneys at Burch & Cracchiolo Selected as Southwest Super Lawyers
- Eighteen Attorneys at Burch & Cracchiolo Named Among Top in Arizona by Southwest Super Lawyers
- Burch & Cracchiolo, P.A. Attorney Joins the Primerus Board of Directors
- Defense of EEOC charges and wrongful termination litigation alleging discrimination on the basis of age, sex, gender, national origin and/or violations of Title VII, ADEA, ADA, FMLA and COBRA.
- Negotiation and drafting of executive employment and independent contractor agreements, severance agreements, restrictive covenants and other contracts.
- Negotiated and drafted terms of executive employment agreements in connection with $27 million dollar sale of multi-state business to publicly traded company.
- Ended stalemate between business owners which ultimately resulted in negotiation of terms of severance package for founder of business
- Represented 50% owner in successfully defending takeover attempts and then negotiating purchase of entire ownership interest of international business
- Advising and training management and human resources departments with regard to employee policies, discipline, termination, reductions in force