David L. Faulkner, Esq.
Whether he is on the job at Christian & Small, or on the court coaching boys basketball, David Faulkner takes a team approach to everything he does. David says he always uses the terms “we” and “us” in any correspondence or communication with clients, because he considers them members of the same team.
David has a broad civil trial practice that includes premises liability, products liability, commercial transportation and trucking, personal injury, insurance, fraud and business and commercial litigation. He has experience defending major retailers, large and small transportation companies, various product manufacturers and retailers, and liability and health insurers.
Some of David’s most rewarding work occurs on a different court – the basketball court. He enjoys coaching and mentoring kids from all walks of life through community youth sports. David says there’s nothing like witnessing a child make his first basket, and knowing that he’s had a role in teaching that child a valuable life lesson about setting and achieving goals.
- Birmingham Bar Association: Secretary and Treasurer, Young Lawyers Section
- American Bar Association (ABA): Council Member, 2004-06; Task Force Chair Membership and Long Range Committee of Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section; CLE Director, President’s Cabinet and National Conferences Team, Young Lawyers Section; Chair, Tort, Trial and Insurance Committee of the Young Lawyers Section
- Mountain Brook Chamber of Commerce: President, 2005-06; General Counsel, 2003-present
- The Club: Board of Governors, 2001-04
- St. Luke’s Church: Vestry, 2006-09; Acolyte Leader, 2002-present; Eucharistic Lay Minister, 2009-2010
- Young Life: Committee and Advisory Board
- Actively involved as coach and commissioner in several youth sports, 2004-present
Awards and Recognition:
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell*
- Alabama, 1994
- United States Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- United States District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- United States District Court, Middle District of Alabama
- United States District Court, Southern District of Alabama
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- University of Alabama, 1990, B.A. cum laude (President’s List; Order of Omega; IFC Judicial Vice President; Sigma Nu)
- University of Alabama School of Law, 1994, J.D. (National Moot Court Team; John A. Campbell Moot Court Competition, Finalist; John A. Campbell Moot Court Board; Order of the Barristers; Lightfoot Franklin Award for Moot Court Advocacy; Hand Arendall Award for Advocacy)