Christina McAlpin Taylor, Esq.
Christina is partner and a member of the firm’s creditor’s rights practice group. Christina represents a wide range of businesses through all stages of creditor representation, including pre-suit collection efforts, lawsuits, judgments, and executions.
While attending law school, Christina was a student body representative and volunteered with the trial practice team. In 2005, while a summer associate with Smith Debnam, she was assigned several creditors’ rights projects. Christina gained additional legal experience while participating in North Carolina Central University School of Law’s Litigation Clinic, where she worked at Chatham County’s District Attorneys’ Office. While working at the Chatham County District Attorneys’ Office Christina assisted with several trials in both District and Superior Court, including a jury trial. Christina also assisted with many residential mortgage loan closings while clerking at a real estate firm in the summer of 2004.
Christina was selected as Leader in the Law through North Carolina Lawyer’s Weekly, created to spotlight those within the legal community who are working to better the legal profession through mentoring and involvement within their community as well as going above and beyond in their everyday job.
Areas of Practice
- Creditors’ Rights and Collections
- Lender Liability Defense
- North Carolina State Bar
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, Western District of North Carolina
- J.D., North Carolina Central University, 2006
- B.S., Family and Community Studies, East Carolina University, 2003 Minor, Business Management
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association; Young Lawyer’s Division; Wake County Bar Association and 10th Judicial District Bar Swearing In Committee Member and Past Chair; Lunch with a Lawyer Program
- Commercial Law League of America (CLLA), Member
- National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys (NARCA), Member
- North Carolina Creditors’ Bar, Member
- Leaders in the Law Recipient, North Carolina Lawyer’s Weekly, 2011
- Community Hope, Mentor
- 2009 Service Juris Day, Wake County Bar Association – Planning Liason
- Teen Court, Judge
- Intramural Softball
- Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce, Member Leadership Raleigh 25, 2009-2010
- Confirming Arbitration Awards in State Courts, Consumer Collection Committee Newsletter (2008)
Attorney News & Announcements