Phone: +8620 8121 6605
Languages: English, French
Leadership: Past Chair of Primerus Business Law Institute of Asia Pacific
Caroline graduated from McGill University with a BCL and LL.B degree and completed her studies at the National University of Singapore with a focus on Chinese laws. Caroline began her legal career working in Singapore for a French law firm and subsequently was taken over by a British law firm. During that period, she represented international corporate clients and banks in asset-financing and M&A cross-border transactions, travelling to various Asian countries in the course of her work. In 2002, she moved to China to be part of the rapidly developing legal industry there, and joined a Chinese law firm specializing in corporate law. Since then, her career has focused on Chinese corporate law and commercial practice, an area in which she has built up well-respected expertise amongst many European, Asian and North American clients. Caroline is especially well-regarded for advising clients on the Asian legal structure of their companies, based on her sound understanding of the pitfalls and advantages of most Asian jurisdictions.
Caroline has advised clients in various industries such as manufacturing, energy (oil, gas and mining), technology and services.
Due to her longstanding expertise, practice and professionalism as a lawyer in China, Caroline has been featured in numerous magazines and newspapers. Caroline is also a regular speaker at many international conferences.
Caroline is an arbitrator approved by the Chinese European Arbitration Center.
- 2007 – Caroline was one of the three finalists of the Leadership award of the Quebec Financial Women Association. This award was for three women who made their mark as leader in the business and financial fields.
- The Development Of Data Protection In China
- “iPad” Trademark Battle published in the International Bar Association’s (IBA) Intellectual Property newsletter (September 2012).
- She participated in the preparation of the Guide for Representative Office led by the French Trade Mission in Guangzhou in 2006.
- Caroline is also currently finalizing a book on Doing Business in China which shall be published by mid 2010.
- To view other publications Caroline has authored, please go to the Publications section of the website
- American Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong
- Guangzhou German Chamber of Commerce
- Singapore Canadian Chamber of Commerce
(Executive member on the Executive Committee)
- Inter Pacific Bar Association
(Vice chair of the Publications Committee)
- Financial Women Association of Quebec
- Singapore Financial Women Association
- International Business Law Consortium
(executive on the advisory committee) ( www.iblc.com )
- Interlegal (www.interlegal.net)
- Alliott Group
(member of the advisory committee) ( www.alliotgroup.net )
Attorney News & Announcements: