Brian L. Davidoff, Esq.
Brian L. Davidoff chairs Greenberg Glusker’s Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring Group. He has specialized in corporate reorganization, restructuring and bankruptcy law for more than two decades. Brian also has a substantial practice advising companies on the various aspects of their growth, financing, contractual relationships and operations. In this capacity, he often acts as outside general counsel to his clients.
Brian is certified as a Business Bankruptcy Specialist by the American Board of Certification. After graduating cum laude from law school in Johannesburg, South Africa in 1979, he immigrated to the United States where he completed a Masters of Law Degree at the University of Miami in Florida in 1982. Brian is married and has two daughters.
- JD, University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
- LLM, University of Miami, Florida
- Represented debtor in reorganization of construction company to create $250 million trust to resolve asbestos liabilities.
- Represented specialty lender in connection with a $60 million refinancing.
- Represented buyer of assets structured through a foreclosure.
- Represented health and beauty supply company in connection with reorganization and sale of assets.
- Represented companies with stock option plans.
- Advised company in connection with $10 million venture capital investment.
- Represented hospital in connection with restructuring.
- Represented independent movie company in connection with restructuring and sale of library.
- Advised investor in $10 million investment into a media company.
- Represented buyer of assets from insolvent company.
- Advised company in connection with negotiation and documentation of an exclusive supply agreement.
- Represented real estate debtor in the sale of over $250 million of assets as part of restructuring.
- Represented buyers in Section 363 bankruptcy sales and assignments for benefit of creditors.
- Bankruptcy, Reorganization & Capital Recovery
- Corporate Structuring & Operations
- Financing Transactions
- Rated, “AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5,” Martindale Hubbell
- Listed, “Southern California Super Lawyers” in Business Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights, 2006-2013
- Listed, “Top 100 Southern California Super Lawyers,” 2010
Memberships & Community Involvement
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Board of Governors
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Past Trustee
- Westwood Bar Association, Past President
- Los Angeles Bankruptcy Forum, Director
- California Organization of Small Bars, Past President
- State Bar of California, Business Law Section, Bankruptcy Rules Committee Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- The Business of Film
- California CPA Magazine
- California Real Estate Journal
- Los Angeles County Bar Association Magazine
- Alliance of Merger and Acquisition Advisors
- Association of Corporate Counsel, Southern California
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- California Law Business
- Century City Chamber of Commerce
- Culver City Bar Association
- Lorman Educational Seminars
- Los Angeles Bankruptcy Forum
- International Society of Primerus Law Firms
- ProVisors Legal Affinity Group
- National Business Institute
- National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges
- University of California Los Angeles, Paralegal Training Program
- University of Southern California Entrepreneur Program
- Past Board of Governors, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Past Trustee, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Past President, Westwood Bar Association
- Past Director, Los Angeles Bankruptcy Forum
- Past President, California Organization of Small Bars
- Bankruptcy Rules Committee Member, State Bar of California, Business Law Section
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Past Chair, Primerus Business Corporate International