Los Angeles Attorney
Bonnie E. Eskenazi, Esq.
Bonnie Eskenazi is one of the foremost entertainment litigators in Los Angeles.
Recently recognized by Variety as one of its “Women of Impact” within the Entertainment Industry, and by The Recorder as California’s Entertainment Lawyer of the Year, Ms. Eskenazi represents plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of litigation matters, including entertainment, copyright, defamation and general business disputes.
Ms. Eskenazi is also listed on The Hollywood Reporter’s list of “Power Lawyer.” She is named by the Los Angeles Daily Journal as one of “California’s Top 75 Women Litigators,” by the Los Angeles Business Journal as “The Best of the Bar,” by Los Angeles Magazine as a “Super Lawyer” and by Chambers & Partners as one of America’s leading media and entertainment lawyers. Ms. Eskenazi also carries the highest peer-review rating, “AV,” by Martindale-Hubbell.
Ms. Eskenazi is a trial lawyer and civil litigator, and also handles certain entertainment transactional work. She also lecturers at Stanford and Harvard Law Schools.
- JD, Stanford University School of Law, 1985
- BA, with highest distinction, University of Virginia, Phi Beta Kappa, 1982
- Profit Participant Audits
- Music Law
- Motion Pictures & Television
- Marketing & Licensing
- Lecturer, Stanford Law School, Spring 2010
- Guest Lecturer, Harvard Law School, Fall 2009
- Named by The Hollywood Reporter as one of the Entertainment Industry’s 100 “Power Lawyers,” 2008 -2013
- Named by Chambers USA as a Leading Individual in the practice of Media and Entertainment Litigation, 2007-2013
- Listed by the Los Angeles Daily Journal as one of California’s “Top Women Litigators,” 2005, 2007-2013
- Listed, “Top Women Attorneys in Southern California – Entertainment and Sports,” Los Angeles Magazine, 2012
- Listed by Variety as one of the Entertainment industry’s top 50 “Legal Impact” attorneys, 2011
- Listed by Variety as one of the Entertainment industry’s “Women of Impact,” 2011
- Named by The Hollywood Reporter as one of the Entertainment Industry’s 100 “Power Lawyers,” 2008 -2012
- Named by Chambers USA as a Leading Individual in the practice of Media and Entertainment Litigation, 2007-2011
- Listed by the Los Angeles Daily Journal as one of California’s “Top Women Litigators,” 2005, 2007-2011
- Named an “Attorney of The Year” by The Recorder (San Francisco), 2009
- Named one of “The Best of the Bar” by the Los Angeles Business Journal, 2007
- Listed, Best Lawyers In America
- Named one of Southern California’s Super Lawyers by Law & Politics Magazine, 2004-2013
- Named one of Los Angeles’ “Women Who Make A Difference” by the Los Angeles Business Journal, 2006
- Named by Century City Chamber of Commerce “Women of Achievement,” 2002
- Rated, “AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5,” Martindale Hubbell
- Member, Board of Directors, The Festival of New American Musicals, 2006-present
- Member, Stanford Law School Board of Visitors, 2002-2005
- Participant, Trial Attorney Project, where Ms. Eskenazi tried several cases for the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office
- Law clerk, the Honorable Donald B. King, First District Court of Appeal, 1985 to 1986
- State Bar of California and has been admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States District Courts for the Northern and Central Districts
- Member, Intellectual Property and Litigation sections, American Bar Association