Andrew Abraham, Esq.
Andy Abraham is certified as a Real Estate Specialist by the Arizona Board of Legal Specialization and has been listed in Best Lawyers in America for Real Estate Transactions since 2008 and in every edition of Southwest Super Lawyers. In both the 2011 and 2014 editions, Andy was voted among the top 50 lawyers in Arizona by his peers. He is included among Arizona’s Finest Lawyers and is an AV® Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 peer review rated attorney in Martindale-Hubbell.
In the course of his 28 years of practice at Burch & Cracchiolo, Andy has successfully tried real property cases to verdict, including adverse possession claims and condemnation matters. He closed over 100 loans, most of which were in excess of $1 million and cured hundreds of title claims. Prior to joining the firm in 1983, Andy served for one year as law clerk to The Honorable Frank X. Gordon, Vice Chief Justice of the Arizona Supreme Court, during 1982-1983.
Concentrating his practice primarily in the areas of commercial litigation, real estate-related litigation and real estate transactions, Andy also has substantial experience in the area of franchisor/franchisee relations. He has served as lead counsel in numerous state and federal court trials.
- J.D, Arizona State University College of Law, 1982
Managing Editor, Arizona State Law Journal
- B.A., Political Science with Honors, Claremont McKenna College, 1979
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona
- Business & Corporate Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Default Servicing
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Law
Areas of Concentration
- Administrative Law
- Land Use and Zoning
- Lender Liability Matters
- Loss Mitigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Real Estate Owned (REO) properties
- Title Insurance and Related Litigation
Honors & Awards
- Selected, Best Lawyers in America-Phoenix metro Lawyer of the Year–Real Estate Law
Real Estate Law – 2008-2015 edition
Real Estate Litigation – 2008-2015 edition
- Selected, Southwest Super Lawyers 2007-2014
- Selected, Top 50 Lawyers in Arizona by Southwest Super Lawyers 2011, 2014
- Selected, Arizona’s Finest Lawyers 2011-2014
- Ranked AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5* by Martindale-Hubbell (*AV® Preeminent ™ and BV® Distinguished™ are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.)
- Judge Pro Tem
- Chairman (2003-2005); Member (1993-2005), Arizona State Bar Board of Legal Specialization
- President, Arizona State University College of Law Alumni Association (1993-1995)
- State Bar of Arizona
- Board Member and President, Temple Solel (1990-2004)
- Board Member, Casselman Foundation (1995 to present)
- Board Member, Steele Foundation (2009 to present)
Attorney News & Announcements
- Burch & Cracchiolo Partner Named 2015 ‘Lawyer of the Year’
- 11 Burch & Cracchiolo Attorneys Selected by Best Lawyers of America© 2015
- Burch & Cracchiolo Attorney Andy Abraham Selected as one of “Top 50 Attorneys in Arizona”
- Twenty Attorneys at Burch & Cracchiolo Selected as Southwest Super Lawyers/Rising Stars
- Six Burch & Cracchiolo Shareholders Selected by Best Lawyers in America® 2014
- Twenty-two Attorneys at Burch & Cracchiolo Selected as Southwest Super Lawyers
- Eighteen Attorneys at Burch & Cracchiolo Named Among Top in Arizona by Southwest Super Lawyers
- Representation of a national insurance carrier in a federal court trial including claims of breach of contract, bad faith and punitive damages.
- Representation of a franchisee in connection with franchise termination proceedings both before state administrative agencies and in the state superior court.
- Representation of numerous lenders and borrowers in connection with real estate loan negotiations and transactions.
- Representation of landowners in connection with land use general plan amendments and rezoning involving large tracts of undeveloped land.
- Representation of landlords and tenants in connection with negotiation and drafting of numerous commercial leases.
- Representation of landlords and tenants in numerous litigation matters involving lease-related disputes.
- Representation of title companies and insurers with respect to claims and coverage disputes.
- Representation of professionals and business owners in partnership-type business disputes and buy-out transactions.