Alicia Jurney, Esq.
Alicia Jurney is a North Carolina Board Certified Family Law Specialist in the firm’s family law practice group. Her experience with domestic actions includes handling related complex civil litigation matters, such as tortious interference with child custody, alienation of affections, criminal conversation, and interstate child abduction. Alicia also has significant experience representing clients in other civil disputes, such as cases involving defamation, unfair and deceptive trade practices, and will caveats. Her practice encompasses all levels of jurisdiction within North Carolina, including jury trial experience and appeals to both the North Carolina Court of Appeals and Supreme Court.
Alicia is an alumna of the firm’s summer associate program, graduating from Campbell Law with honors. Upon graduation, she received the CLS Alan & Mary Button Service Award and the Fred O. Dennis Award, and was elected a member of the Order of Barristers.
Alicia has been recognized by her fellow lawyers as a Rising Star through North Carolina Super Lawyers®, an award presented to attorneys under the age of 40 who have demonstrated an exceptional ability in the practice of law. She serves as the Chair of the Board of Directors for Haven House Services, a non-profit agency that helps struggling young people and their families develop positive and successful relationships at home, at school and in the community. She is also a collaborative attorney with The Integrated Accountability and Collaborative Transparency Program (IACT), developed as a pathway to medical disclosure and transparency in resolving patient/provider conflicts resulting from medical error.
Areas of Practice
- J.D., cum laude, Campbell University, 2007
- B.A., Honors, Political Science, Wake Forest University, 2004; Minors, Asian Studies and Mandarin Chinese
- North Carolina Board Certified Family Law Specialist
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association, Family Law Section Children’s Issues Committee Co-Chair; Legislative Committee
- Wake County Bar Association; Ask-a-Lawyer Day Chair 2009-Present
- Primerus International Society of Law Firms, Family Law Practice Group
- Listed as a Rising Star in North Carolina Super Lawyers 2012, 2013, 2014
- Listed as 2013 Business North Carolina’s Legal Elite, Young Gun
- Haven House Services; Chairman, Board of Directors
- The Integrated Accountability and Collaborative Transparency Program (IACT)
- Can’t Live with ‘Em, Can’t Live without ‘Em, 34 Campbell L. Rev. 449 (2012)
- Who’s Afraid of the CISG?, 30 Campbell L. Rev. 275 (2008)
Attorney News & Announcements