Katherine “Kate” Clark’s practice encompasses commercial transactions, chapter 7 and chapter 11 bankruptcy matters, as well as information, technology, and intellectual property cases. She is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US). CIPP certification is the global gold standard for privacy practitioners.
Before joining Gordon Arata, Kate clerked for the Honorable Meredith S. Grabill in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, where she drafted and edited opinions and assisted with docket preparation and trials for chapter 7 and chapter 11 dockets. She also clerked for the Honorable Callie V.S. Granade in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Alabama. She also served as an Administrative Attorney in the Circuit Mediation and Judicial Support Office for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Kate obtained her LL.M., with distinction, from the University of East Anglia in Norwich, United Kingdom. She received her J.D. from Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, in Birmingham, Alabama.
- North Carolina
- University of East Anglia, LL.M., with distinction, Information, Technology, and Intellectual Property Law, 2014; recipient of Sir Edward Coke full-tuition scholarship
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, J.D., 2013; recipient of the School of Law scholarship
- University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill, B.A., History and Political Science, 2009; Burch Honors Research Fellow
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Creditors' Rights
- Commercial Financing and Secured Transactions
- Member, Alabama State Bar Association
- Member, North Carolina State Bar Association
- Sir Edward Coke full-tuition scholarship, University of East Anglia
- Awarded Best Performance in Final Assessment of the Postgraduate Taught Modules, University of East Anglia
- Highest grades, Current Issues in Intellectual Property Law; E-Commerce Issues in Free Speech; and Internet Governance, University of East Anglia
- School of Law Scholarship, Cumberland School of Law
- Dean’s List (every semester), Cumberland School of Law
- Scholar of Merit Awards, International Intellectual Property Law and Privacy Law, Cumberland School of Law
- Caruthers Teaching Fellow, Cumberland School of Law
- Senior Class Vice President, Cumberland School of Law
- Burch Honors Research Fellow, University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill