Business Law News
The Law Offices of Stewart & Stewart, Washington D.C. has put together a series of papers that provide a snapshot of where the Doha Rounds stands.These papers are not intended as recommendations for U.S. or other negotiators.Rather, they are snapshots by an outside observer of an important moment in the negotiations.
Click on these titles to download the respective documents!
The easiest and most useful way to look at the Doha Round is to break it up into six topics:
1) Agricultural largely tariffs and subsidies;
2) Industrial (Non-Agricultural Market Access)
3) Services - including legal services
4) Rules mainly what countries can do on behalf of sectors
5) Trade Facilitation efforts to streamline customs procedures and
6) Dispute settlement making sure the system for resolving trade disputes