Primerus Defense Institute
The Primerus Defense Institute (PDI) is a collaborative endeavor engaging Primerus defense attorneys and corporate defense representatives for the purpose of lowering business litigation costs and reducing exposure to liability. Attorneys and clients work together in a highly cooperative, low-pressure environment that leads to relationships built on trust.
Participating corporate clients are leaders in their respective industries, and participating defense attorneys, like all Primerus attorneys, meet the highest of quality standards.
The PDI is a valuable resource for corporations seeking outside counsel in distant jurisdictions. That’s because the PDI alliance is a global network of over 600 of the finest independent defense lawyers with expertise in nearly every aspect of corporate defense litigation. The PDI makes it easy to find highly skilled, seasoned litigation counsel around the world.
The PDI provides continuing legal education in the areas of liability avoidance and litigation management. Corporate defense counsel and their clients participate in an annual Convocation to explore, discuss and share best practices in reducing risk, handling claims, and defending lawsuits.
Defense Institute Member Directory
- Defense Institute Alphabetical Firm Directory
- Defense Institute Alphabetical Firm Location Directory
- Defense Institute Alphabetical Attorney Directory
- Defense Institute Alphabetical Attorney Location Directory
Primerus Defense Institute Practice Groups
Within the PDI, Primerus has the following practice groups, facilitating further specialization for the benefit of clients:
- Commercial Law Practice Group
- Family and Matrimonial Law Practice Group
- Insurance Coverage & Bad Faith
- Intellectual Property Practice Group
- Labor and Employment Practice Group
- Liquidation of Commercial Debt Practice Group
- Premises Liability – Retail, Hospitality, Entertainment Liability
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability
- Workers’ Compensation
Within the PDI, Primerus also has the following section:
- Chair: Marc O. Dedman, Esq. - Spicer Rudstrom (Nashville, Tennessee)
- Vice Chair: Kathryn Freeman-Jones, Esq. - Goodman Allen & Filetti, PLLC (Glen Allen, Virginia)
- CLE Chair: Jay R. Downs, Esq. - Downs ♦ Stanford, P.C. (Dallas, Texas)
- Immediate Past Chair: Timon V. Sullivan, Esq. - Ogden & Sullivan, P.A. (Tampa, Florida)
- Chair Emeritus: Duncan Y. Manley, Esq. - Christian & Small LLP (Birmingham, Alabama)
Primerus Member Firms Within This Institute
Defense Law Articles
A Short Summary of the Colorado Construction Defect Action Reform Act
Whose Phone Number is it anyway?
Black Friday Preparedness Advisory for Retailers
Developing the Sophisticated Intermediary/Purchaser Defense
Are the Courts Reviving Prohibition for the Office Holiday Party?
Best Strategies in Mediating Cases
Colorado’s Economic Loss Rule, the “Independent Duty” Approach, and the Impact on Construction Defect Cases
Distribution Contracts – Formulating and Terminating the Agreement
Technology in the Debt Collection Industry …A Dangerous New Frontier?
1 2 3 … 7 »
Primerus Legal News
Neil Dymott Shareholder Selected as the 2014 Secretary-Treasurer of the Association of Southern California Defense Counsel (ASCDC)
Neil Dymott Recognized as Top Tier Firm in 2014 U.S. News & World Report – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms”
Burch & Cracchiolo Ranked Among 2014 Best Law Firms by U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers
Roe Cassidy Again Ranked Among Top Law Firms in U.S. News Publication
College of Labor and Employment Lawyers Elects Rick Finberg of Portland, Maine a Fellow
Rosen Hagood Managing Member Named Chair of the Primerus Consumer Law Institute
Fowler Bell PLLC Welcomes New Member
Christian & Small LLP Receives a First Tier Ranking in the 2014 Edition of U. S. News – Best Lawyers’ “Best Law Firms”
Rosen Hagood Ranked in 2014 “Best Law Firms”
1 2 3 … 26 »