Watts, Donovan & Tilley, P.A., is a nationally acclaimed law firm of litigation specialists, offering the highest quality trial, appellate, and mediation services for the risk industry, the business community, and the Arkansas bar.
The firm represents clients in all state and federal courts in Arkansas, and the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. Representation extends to the following practice areas: products liability; professional liability (including legal and medical malpractice); commercial litigation; insurance coverage / bad faith; disability insurance / ERISA; construction litigation; transportation (trucking); personal injury; arson / fire losses; probate disputes; copyright / trademark infringement. If it is a contested civil matter of any complexity, the firm has the experience to handle it.
Watts, Donovan & Tilley’s award winning accomplishments and national reputation have established the firm as one of the premier litigation firms in Arkansas.
Watts, Donovan & Tilley, P.A. credentials include:
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating available for legal ability and ethical standards
- Super Lawyers business edition, 2011 as the top business litigation firm in Arkansas in the small firm category
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers by Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Insurance Directory of recommended insurance counsel
- Recognized in US News & World Report-Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms”
- Tier 1 Personal Injury Litigation-Defendants
- Products Liability Litigation-Defendants
The firm’s three named partners Richard Watts, David Donovan, and Jim Tilley have each been:
- Named in Best Lawyers in America
- Recognized as Super Lawyers, Mid-South edition, all three ranked in the top 50 Arkansas attorneys
- Admitted to the American Board of Trial Advocates. Donovan and Watts are past presidents of the Arkansas chapter
- Jim Tilley is a certified mediator and is recognized as one of the top mediators in Arkansas. He is a commissioner on the ADR Commission for the Arkansas Supreme Court.
- David Donovan and Richard Watts are both Fellows of the American College of Trial Lawyers, while Richard Watts is past President of the Arkansas chapter.
- Lawyers Michael McCarty Harrison and Staci Dumas Carson are all recognized in Super Lawyers, Mid-South.
- John Plegge, of counsel, retired Arkansas trial judge, has been recognized as the outstanding trial judge in Arkansas (1991).
The firm’s accomplishments were earned through years of experience in the courtroom, and reflect their unwavering commitment to clients. Watts, Donovan & Tilley earned its reputation by approaching every case, large or small, with a dedication to excellence in the representation of its clients. Watts, Donovan & Tilley’s commitment to its clients is facilitated by the personal touch of small firm intimacy and the sophistication of big firm expertise.