Corporate / Transactional Law
in Washington, District of Columbia
Corporate/Transactional Law: The Law Offices of Stewart & Stewart
Based in Washington, DC, the law firm of Stewart and Stewart provides, manages and facilitates a wide range of legal services for clients actively involved in international commercial and business transactions. Our corporate attorneys have years of experience in transactional law and claims involving corporate international business transactions.
Founded in 1958 by Eugene L. Stewart, the law firm of Stewart and Stewart is committed to being active in helping meet the challenges in all areas of international business including:
• Committing substantial resources and time studying the evolving situation in countries in Central and Eastern Europe, working with individuals, companies and government officials in the search for ways to expedite the transition process.
• Identification of investment opportunities
• Review of local laws to identify problems / areas for revision
• Made proposals to a number of governments in the area to provide consulting services on WTO accession and other international agreement issues
• Doing research, preparing position papers and advising clients on developments, implications and options involving consumer and environmental groups and their increased activity level in the trade negotiation arena
• Prepared a number of reports on China’s compliance with its WTO obligations in its early years of membership for the U.S. —China Economic and Security Review Commission
To better serve clients in Europe, we established a correspondent office in Belgium. We have recently established a correspondent office relationship with a firm in Moscow to facilitate our efforts in the Russian Federation. Our staff is multinational, with attorneys from Europe and non-lawyer professionals from Europe and Asia.
Our team of corporate lawyers can provide experienced assistance with the following:
• Commercial Transaction Contracts
• Sales and Distribution Activities
• Product Line and Technology Development
• Supply Chain Development and Management
• Mergers and Acquisitions
• Corporate and Transactional Planning and Governance
• International Commercial and Product Litigation, Arbitration and Mediation
For more information on international trade law or to contact one of the attorneys of Stewart and Stewart please continue to browse our site or contact us at: