The lawyers at Stewart and Stewart have handled a wide range of customs and international trade matters since the founder, Eugene L. Stewart, opened a predecessor firm in 1958. They are proud of the opportunities they have received over the years to handle a range of matters for clients in these areas:
- Assisting in trade facilitation and contract negotiations for U.S. and foreign clients with companies around the world
- Advising clients on bilateral, plurilateral and multilateral trade negotiations
- Testimony before various governmental and private groups on international trade and competitiveness policy options
- Participation in various international trade administrative proceedings (including several hundred antidumping and countervailing duty proceedings and the two largest escape clause actions [automobiles and carbon steel] brought in the United States, cases in Australia, Mexico, the European Community, South Africa)
- Monitoring trade actions in other countries
- Handling disputes before the U.S. Courts
- Assisting clients on matters of importance before the World Trade Organization.
In addition to customs and international trade, the firm has been an administrative law and general corporate practice firm since its founding.