Articles & Publications:
- New Record Keeping Requirements and Changes to the Law of Forfeiture Affecting Corporations in Ontario - Posted 11/8/16
- Employment: A Two Way Street? - Posted 11/8/16
- Houser Henry Summer 2016 Update - Posted 7/29/16
- April Newsletter - Preparing Your Commercial Property For Sale
- March Newsletter - Shareholders Meetings: The Basics
- February Newsletter - Your Collateral Needs Security Too: An Introduction to the Personal Property Security Act
- November Newsletter - Seasons Tickets & Rewards Points: Transfer Upon Death - Posted 11/19/15
- October Newsletter - Creating a Trust is Only Half the Battle
- September Newsletter - Research Outside the Box
- August Newsletter - Protect Your Business: Complying With The Employment Standards Act
- July Newsletter - Exiting A Family Business: How Best To Plan And Prepare For Succession
- June Newsletter - Intellectual Property: You brought it, but do you own it?
- May Newsletter - Commercial Title Insurance - Do You Really Need It?
- April Newsletter - Key Considerations For Foreign Businesses Expanding To Canada
- Product Liability: Overview and Protection
- March Newsletter - Shareholders, Directors, And Officers: What You Should Know
- February Newsletter - Buying Or Selling A Business In Ontario? Don’t Forget About The Employees
- Past and Present Changes to the Law
- Successful Business Essentials
- Update: Ontario’s Employee Leave of Absence Provisions
- Considering a Move? What You Should Know Before Expanding Your Business in Ontario
- Canada’s Competition Act: Playing Fair and Square
- Q&A: Landlord Options for Defaulting Commercial Tenancies
- Estate Planner: Beware the Dependant Relief Claim
- The Changing Landscape of Trusts
- UPDATE June 2014
- Retaining Key Employees: The Case for Phantom Shares
- UPDATE April 2014
- Pregnancy Leave and Parental Leave in Ontario
- UPDATE March 2014
- Are You An Accidental Franchisee?
- UPDATE February 2014
- Mental Health: An Open Dialogue
- FAQs: Employee Background Checks
- UPDATE January 2014
- Flu Season – Protecting Your Business From More Than Just Germs
- Legal Spotlight: Doing Business in Ontario
- Renting the Space that’s Right for Your Business: Things for Tenants to Consider in a Commercial Lease
- FAQs: Administering an Estate
- Legal Spotlight: Protecting Your Interests: Taking and Enforcing Security in Ontario
- Legal Spotlight: Shareholder Agreements and Disputes
- UPDATE Winter 2013
- What's Your Game Plan? Planning for a Successful Succession
- Doing business in Ontario? FAQs on Extra-Provincial Registration
- UPDATE Fall 2012
- Legal Spotlight: Buying or Selling a Business – Highlighting what sellers and buyers can do to ensure a successful transaction
- FAQs: Incorporating Your New Business
- Supplier-Distributor Agreements: Common Problems can be Avoided
- FAQs: Employee Terminations: Factors to Consider
- Confidentiality Clauses and Restrictive Covenants – Be Careful What You Include in an Employment Agreement
- Developments in Tax Law: Residency of Trusts
- FAQs: Employees and Independent Contractors in Ontario
- FAQs: Planning Your Estate
- Cloud Computing: Is it Really Cloud Nine?
- UPDATE - Spring 2012 Newsletter
News & Announcements:
- Our April UPDATE is about pregnancy and parental leave; it explains these types of leaves, including the notice required if someone is planning on taking leave.
- The topic of our March UPDATE is franchise law; it explains what a franchise is, the franchisee-franchisor relationship, and how to prevent becoming an unwitting franchisee.
- We are accepting applications for the position of Corporate Legal Assistant / Clerk.
- Michael Henry was quoted in the Financial Post's article "How to keep the 'family' in the family business".
- UPDATE February 2014 is dedicated to mental health awareness in society and in the workplace.
- Mental Health: An Open Dialogue provides insight on mental health in the workplace and how employers can create and continually improve a psychologically healthy and safe workplace.
- The partners are pleased to announce Wendy Abbott-Serroul has joined our team.
- The partners are pleased to announce Lauren Fishman has joined our legal team