Robert P. Christensen Named ACTLM
Robert P. Christensen, P.A. (Minneapolis, MN) is very pleased to announce that name partner Robert P. “Bob” Christensen has been named 2011 Dean-Elect of the Academy of Certified Trial Lawyers of Minnesota (ACTLM).
Established in 1982, the ACTLM has over 200 members, which represent trial lawyers in the state of Minnesota that have achieved the highest level of skill and experience in trial law and, as such, are certified as trial specialists either by the Minnesota State Bar Association or the National Board of Legal Specialty Certification. Certification is only available to experienced trial lawyers with extensive litigation experience that pass a rigorous test confirming their specialized knowledge of trial law.
As the Dean-Elect of the ACTLM, it will be Mr. Christensen’s responsibility to sit as one of four on the executive board, which administers the day to day operations of the organization. One of the ACTLM’s primary purposes is to educate its members and the bench concerning substantive and procedural trial practice. Another is to provide the public with education and access to the ACTLM’s highly trained and competent members.
“As Dean-Elect I am responsible for membership recruitment, long range planning for leadership, and participation on the Judicial Endorsement committee, which vets and endorses candidates in judicial election campaigns,” Mr. Christensen explains. For additional information, please visit actlm.com.
Mr. Christensen graduated from the University of Minnesota Law School (cum laude) in 1974 and has been a trial lawyer for 34 years. Since law school, he has practiced as a lawyer in Minnesota and throughout the country on trial and appellate levels in the state and federal courts. Mr. Christensen was an associate attorney and then partner with the law firm of Carlsen, Greiner & Law from 1974 to 1986 where he handled complex construction, personal injury, employment, commercial and product liability litigation.
In addition to his involvement with the ACTLM, Mr. Christensen is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a Senior Counsel of the College of Master Advocates and Barristers, a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates and an Emeritus member of the Board of Directors of the Minnesota Trial Lawyers Association. He is the former President of Creative Dispute Resolution. Mr. Christensen served on the Board of Governors of the Minnesota Trial Lawyers Association for ten years – the longest term possible under its by-laws) and was commended for service. He currently serves on its Finance Committee. Additionally, Mr. Christensen is a member of the Minnesota and Hennepin County Bar Association and American Association for Justice (formerly ATLA).
Primerus Legal News
- Richard A. Mitchell recognized by the Hudson Valley Council of the Boy Scouts of America with the 2014 Distinguished Citizen Award
- Richard Beresford receives the Edmonds Daybreakers Rotary Professional of the Year award
- Three Teague Campbell Partners to Speak at NCASI 2014 Annual Conference
- Montgomery Barnett Attorney Receives National Lifetime Achievement Award
- Kubasiak, Fylstra, Thorpe & Rotunno, P.C. Wins the International Society of Primerus Law Firms Community Service Award
- Christian & Small Partners with Higher Achievement Summer School
- Collins & Lacy’s Founding Partner Receives High Honor from Boy Scouts of America
- Hull Barrett Wins Augusta Sports Council (ASC) Pillar Award at Annual G.A.M.E.S. Banquet
- Ganfer & Shore, LLP Partner Appointed Co-Chair of Social Media Committee
- Serap Zuvin Partner Interviewed by EcoIQ Magazine