Written By: Domhnall O’Cathain, Esq.
Lesnevich & Marzano-Lesnevich, LLC
Hackensack, New Jersey
In the summer, we all love to head outdoors. You and your family will head down to the Jersey Shore or go out to Long Island for the day. You will go hiking in the Adirondacks or maybe biking in a park. If it is too hot, you might head to a shopping mall or go to the pool. So much fun for you, your family, and your friends.
Every summer, you hear the stories. A bar served too much alcohol to the guy who crashed into your neighbor’s family car. The bike trail ended with a sudden drop that nobody could see. The gate on the playground didn’t lock and the kid walked right out. Thankfully, everyone was okay.
At Lesnevich & Marzano-Lesnevich, LLC, we hear about the stories that did not end well. Here are some thoughts to keep you and your family safe this summer.
1) How many lifeguards are on duty and how old are they
2) Why doesn’t the lock on the playground gate close automatically?
3) Is the guy in the car that same guy I just saw staggering, the drunken man?
4) Do I smell gas coming from the grill?
5) I don’t want to leave my daughter’s bedroom window open at night in this neighborhood. When is the landlord going to come to finally fix my air conditioning?
Other people and companies will break safety rules this summer that will put you and your family at risk. However, when we ask the people and companies responsible for your safety these questions, we help keep you safe so that you can sit back and enjoy that ice cream.