Chicago Truck Accident Lawyer
Lane & Lane, LLC
Chicago Truck Accident Lawyer
Lane & Lane, LLC is a Chicago, Illinois law firm representing individuals injured in semi-tractor trailer truck accidents. The proven Chicago truck accident litigation attorneys have experience working with clients involved in truck accidents in the state of Illinois. Chicago trucking accident attorneys are knowledgeable in all areas of general trucking accident law, including but not limited to truck accidents, auto accidents and motorcycle accident cases in Chicago, Illinois. Clients will have the confidence of knowing that their truck injury case is being handled by an experienced and knowledgeable Chicago truck accident legal counselor.
From speeding drivers to drivers who have spent too many hours on the road, the knowledgeable attorneys know all about the various causes of truck accidents:
- 18-Wheeler Truck Accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Failing Brakes Truck Accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Driver Fatigue accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Distracted Driver accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Inadequate Training and Screening lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Overloaded Truck accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Inexperienced Truck Driver accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Poorly Secured Load accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Texting and Talking on the Phone accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Speeding accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Improper Backing of Truck accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Inadequate Lights accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Inadequate Signal accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Inadequate Reflector accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Inadequate Warning accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Unqualified Truck Driver accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Running Off the Road accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Failure to Yield the Right of Way accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Improperly Parked Truck accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Improper Lane Change accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Truck Operators Driving while Impaired accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Truck Accidents Resulting From Unrealistic Schedule accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Truck Accidents from Inadequate Maintenance accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Driver Error accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Reckless Driving accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- DUI accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois / DWI accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Drug Use accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Unlicensed Driver accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Defective Tire accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Dangerous Highway accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Defective Highway accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
- Failure to Comply with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations accident lawyer in Chicago Illinois
The rules of the road for semi-trucks are not the same as they are for other vehicles. There are rules for loading a truck, not having it overloaded or without sufficient tie-downs. Truck drivers are specially trained to operate large vehicles. They have the responsibility of handling their trucks in a way that ensures the safety of everyone else on the road. When truck drivers make mistakes and accidents happen, it can lead to extremely serious injuries to victims. When truck drivers fall asleep at the wheel, the resulting accidents can be fatal. They know the importance of being familiar with federal regulations in truck crash cases. When faced with such devastating circumstances, it is crucial to pursue the counsel of a proven Chicago truck accident lawyer with a high degree of experience handling trucking accident injury claims in Illinois. Lane & Lane is comprised of experienced Chicago truck accident lawyers who have represented a wide spectrum of Illinois truck accident cases and have successfully obtained the compensation clients deserve. Consult with an experienced Chicago truck accident lawyer at Lane & Lane, LLC.
Proven Chicago Illinois Trucking Accident Lawyer
At Lane & Lane, their proven litigation, arbitration and mediation specialists keep all state and federal trucking regulations in mind as they review and investigate each truck accident case. A clear understanding of state and federal trucking regulations also helps to prove negligence on the part of the defendant. Failure to comply with established regulations is clearly negligent. If the truck, the truck driver or the truck owner was not in compliance with regulations, the experienced civil litigation attorneys will seek punitive damages against the responsible party. Punitive damages are designed to punish those responsible for causing harm while compensatory damages compensate the injury victim for damages. Lawyers who are unfamiliar with federal trucking regulations may miss this opportunity to significantly increase the amount of compensation the client receives.
As truck accidents rarely result in injuries to truck drivers, who are protected inside a roomy cabin and usually don’t sustain the brunt of an impact, the drivers of automobiles or motorcycles that collide with a truck—or lose control of their vehicles because of the truck driver’s negligence—are in a much worse position.
Many of those truck accidents could have been prevented had the trucks and truckers involved been in compliance with federal trucking regulations. In order to reduce truck-related crashes, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration establishes and enforces federal trucking regulations involving:
- Testing For Alcohol, Drugs and Controlled Substances in Chicago Illinois
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Requirements in Chicago Illinois
- Insurance Requirement in Chicago Illinois
- Qualification of Driver in Chicago Illinois
- Parts and Accessories Needed For Safe Operation in Chicago Illinois
- Hours of Service in Chicago Illinois
- Inspection, Repair and Maintenance in Chicago Illinois
- Transportation of Hazardous Materials in Chicago Illinois
Illinois transportation law encompasses traffic safety, hazardous materials and pipelines, too. In 1966, Congress established the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) to achieve a uniform transportation policy for the nation. Although this agency coordinates all transportation in the U.S., the actual laws that govern drivers are largely created and governed by the individual states. Illinois truck accident cases typically fall under personal injury law in the state of Illinois, and could involve trying to obtain compensation for a personal injury or bodily injury that you may have sustained in the truck accident. Any costs related to truck accident injuries, medical, truck and property damage in the event of a truck accident may be retrieved by a Chicago trucking accident attorney through aggressive litigation or alternative dispute resolution techniques such as truck accident arbitration or truck accident mediation.
Experienced Chicago Illinois Truck Accident Lawyer
Illinois truck accident cases at Lane & Lane, LLC are built on thorough preparation and consultation with industry experts. The professional reputation and careful screening of truck accident injury cases for merit promotes the involvement of many other professionals, including doctors, physicians, surgeons, medical specialists, nurses, engineers, truck accident reconstructionists and other industry experts. In serious truck accident cases, Lane & Lane, LLC will retain an accident reconstructionist who will examine all the evidence and determine what caused the accident. Armed with this information, the firm will aggressively pursue full and fair monetary compensation for their clients. Depending on the cause of the trucking accident, the legal team at Lane & Lane, LLC may pursue financial compensation from the truck driver, the trucking company, the owner of the tractor, the owner of the trailer, the shop that maintained the truck, the warehouse that loaded it, the manufacturer or a defective component or the individual or organization responsible for a road hazard that contributed to the accident.
If you or someone you care about has been injured in a truck accident, you can trust the experienced attorneys at Lane & Lane, LLC for effective legal representation in complex truck accident claims. Time is critical in truck accident cases. Trucking companies carry large insurance policies and their insurance carriers begin building a case to limit their own responsibility for your damages immediately after the accident.
Recognized Chicago Illinois Trucking Accident Lawyer
Being named “Leading Illinois Attorneys” and “Super Lawyers” stands as a testament to their dedication to personal injury law and to their clients. The Chicago truck accident attorneys at Lane & Lane, LLC offer a free case evaluation and are available to speak with you directly to answer any questions you may have.
Lane & Lane, LLC