Kubasiak, Fylstra, Thorpe & Rotunno Partner a True Beacon of Hope
Douglass Hewitt honored with Marillac St. Vincent Family Services’ Outstanding Volunteer Award
Marillac St. Vincent Family Services recently honored Douglass G. Hewitt, a partner at Kubasiak, Fylstra, Thorpe & Rotunno, P.C. (KFTR), with its Outstanding Volunteer Award at the organization’s fifth annual Beacon of Hope luncheon.
Each year, the Beacon of Hope celebration recognizes extraordinary supporters of the child development and social service programs Marillac provides to Chicago’s communities. Hewitt, a Marillac board member and a 20-year volunteer, was one of three distinguished award recipients. Among his many contributions to the organization, Hewitt founded a mentoring program that has served underprivileged young men for more than 15 years.
With Hewitt’s leadership and the dedication of volunteer mentors and role models, the program has helped guide many participants through high school and into college.
At KFTR, Hewitt handles commercial and employment litigation matters for businesses from a variety of industries. He has successfully represented clients in jury and bench trials involving complex commercial disputes and numerous administrative proceedings and governmental investigations involving alleged discrimination or retaliation under U.S. anti-discrimination statutes. Hewitt has also successfully argued appeals before the Illinois Supreme and Appellate courts and the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals in cases involving employment discrimination, consumer fraud, insurance and other business matters.
The Beacon of Hope luncheon, held at the Union League Club of Chicago, drew more than 350 guests. Author Alex Kotlowitz was the keynote speaker, and the event’s fundraising activities focused on the continuing need to provide children’s tuition assistance and ensure that children will continue to receive high-quality, low-cost child care through Marillac St. Vincent Family Services.
CLICK HERE to view Press Release
Primerus Legal News
- Richard A. Mitchell recognized by the Hudson Valley Council of the Boy Scouts of America with the 2014 Distinguished Citizen Award
- Richard Beresford receives the Edmonds Daybreakers Rotary Professional of the Year award
- Three Teague Campbell Partners to Speak at NCASI 2014 Annual Conference
- Montgomery Barnett Attorney Receives National Lifetime Achievement Award
- Kubasiak, Fylstra, Thorpe & Rotunno, P.C. Wins the International Society of Primerus Law Firms Community Service Award
- Christian & Small Partners with Higher Achievement Summer School
- Collins & Lacy’s Founding Partner Receives High Honor from Boy Scouts of America
- Hull Barrett Wins Augusta Sports Council (ASC) Pillar Award at Annual G.A.M.E.S. Banquet
- Ganfer & Shore, LLP Partner Appointed Co-Chair of Social Media Committee
- Serap Zuvin Partner Interviewed by EcoIQ Magazine