William H. Coleman, Esq.
Mr. Coleman was admitted to practice in 1976. Prior to forming Coleman & Horowitt, LLP, he was a partner in the Fresno law firm, Lerrigo, Nibler, Berryman, Coleman & Bennett. He has represented clients throughout California in all facets of corporate transactions including business formation, mergers and acquisitions, dissolution, secured and unsecured transactions. He is certified by the State Bar of California as a specialist in estate planning, trust and probate law and has extensive experience in advising clients on business and estate planning.
- Juris Doctor, 1976, University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts, 1973, University of Arizona, Major in Business Administration, Minor in Industrial Labor Relations
- California, United States Tax Court and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- Fresno County Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Member: Intellectual Property and Estate Planning and Probate Sections)
- Estate Planning, Probate and Trust, and Business Law Sections of the State Bar
- Society of Financial Business Professionals
- Business Transactions
- Business Formation and Dissolution
- Estate, Business and Tax Planning
- $2.6 million acquisition of a retail landscape company.
- Creation of a charitable foundation.
- Consummation of a HUD Section 108 loan for the expansion of a tortilla factory.
- Buyout of a shareholder of a closely held corporation which operated an employment agency throughout Central California; the buyout was negotiated in a one-day mediation.
- $1.5 million buyout of clients’ physical therapy practice.
- Client’s stock sale of funeral home.
- Client’s asset purchase of numerous companies.
- Documentation of secured loans for wholesale grocer.
Publications and Lectures:
- “Estate Planning for Lawyers,” The Bottom Line (April 1990).
- Instructor for the California Continuing Education of the Bar, the Fresno Life Underwriters Association, and the National Business Institute.