William A. Bryan, Jr., Esq.
William A. Bryan, Jr. is a shareholder and chair of the Firm’s Transportation Practice Group. Will represents national and regional motor carriers and their drivers in suits involving serious injury and death as well as cargo claims. Will also defends financial advisors, stock brokers, insurance agents, appraisers and other professionals facing claims of negligence and fiduciary duty violations was well as restaurants, hotels and other retail establishments in premises liability litigation in state and federal courts. Before joining Collins & Lacy, Will served as a judicial law clerk for a South Carolina Circuit Judge. Will received his Juris Doctorate from the University of South Carolina School of Law and his undergraduate degree from Hampden-Sydney College.
- Commercial Transportation
- Professional Liability
- Premises Liability
- Financial Consultants/Stockbrokers
- Municipal Interests
- University of South Carolina, Juris Doctor
- Hampden-Sydney College, B.A., History
- Cum Laude Graduate
Bar & Court Admissions
- South Carolina
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- Free Seminar Series: How to Avoid the Pitfalls of Litigation: Tips to Keep Your Company out of Court
- Collins & Lacy Expands to Myrtle Beach
Awards & Recognition
- South Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Star® (2013 - 2014)
Practice Focus/Trial Experience
- Trucking and Transportation Litigation: Representing regional and national motor carriers, bus companies and their drivers in personal injury actions and cargo claims arising from commercial vehicle accidents. Providing 24-hour accident response and pre-suit investigations.
- Premises Liability: Representing retail businesses, hotels and restaurant clients in personal injury actions.
- Professional Negligence Claims: Representing financial planners, stock brokers, insurance brokers, insurance agents, engineers and other professional clients in both state and federal court.
- Municipality Litigation: Representing public entities/agencies in a variety of litigation contexts including personal injury actions, condemnation actions and other land disputes.
Professional, Civic, and Community Involvement
- Defense Research Institute
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association
- South Carolina Trucking Association
- South Carolina Bar
- Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Surfside Area Rotary Club
- International Society of Primerus Law Firms
- United States Tennis Association
Papers, Presentations and Publications
- New Hours of Service Regulations Effective July 1, 2013
- “Recent Developments in Eminent Domain: A Study of Kiriakides v. Greenville,” County Focus, Volume 20, August 2009
- “Defend UM and UIM Cases – And Win: Discovery Strategies that Pave the Way for Success – How-Tos for Responding to and Drafting Pleadings,” December 2006
- “Improving Jury Deliberations: A Perspective from the Circuit Court Bench,” South Carolina Lawyer, 2000
- Free Seminar Series: How to Avoid the Pitfalls of Litigation: Tips to Keep Your Company out of Court, July 29, 2010
Attorney News & Announcements