San Francisco, California Attorney
Tonya D. Hubinger, Esq.
Ms. Hubinger is a partner with a practice that focuses on the resolution of disputes involving contracts, business torts, employment and real estate matters. Representing both plaintiffs and defendants, Ms. Hubinger has handled cases concerning contract disputes, unfair competition, Business and Professions Code violations, products liability, employment litigation, DFEH and EEOC complaints, real estate non-disclosure suits, mechanic’s liens and collection matters, landlord-tenant disputes and wage and hour disputes. Additionally, Ms. Hubinger advises clients on employment issues including employment contracts, handbooks, severance and confidentiality agreements.
Ms. Hubinger is admitted to practice before all California courts, including the United States District Court for the Eastern and Northern Districts of California. She is a member of the Contra Costa County Bar Association and the Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California and Nevada.
Ms. Hubinger received her B.A. in American Literature and Psychology from the University of Southern California in 1999. She received her J.D. from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law in 2002. While at Pacific McGeorge, Ms. Hubinger authored “Property as a Fundamental Right in the United States and Germany: A Comparison of Taking Jurisprudence.” published in the Transnational Lawyer. She also served as Assistant Comment Editor of The Transnational Lawyer.
In addition to legal updates provided to her clients, Ms. Hubinger has published business and employment related articles for her local periodicals (formerly Tonya R. Draeger).
Roger J. Brothers and Tonya R. Draeger, SOX . . . Coming to a privately held corporation near you?, Contra Costa Lawyer, Volume 18, Number 8, August 2005.
Tonya R. Draeger, Legislative changes alter employment rules., East Bay Business Times Business Essentials, Legal Issues Guide, March 25, 2005.
Finally, Ms. Hubinger has been recognized as one of Northern California’s “Rising Stars” in the respected legal publication of Northern California Super Lawyers for the years of 2009, 2010 and 2012. She has also received a client rating of 5.0 out of 5.0 by Martindale-Hubbell.
- University of Southern California (B.A. 1999)
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law (J.D. 2002)
- State Bar of Association
- Contra Costa County Bar Association
- Employment Section of the Contra Costa County Bar Association
- Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California and Nevada
Articles & Publications:
- Alert – Sophisticated Users Failure to Warn – Tonya D. Hubinger
- Alert – Cumis Counsel Opinion Depublished – Tonya D. Hubinger , Roger J. Brothers
- Litigation Alert – Repudiation of the Common Law Release Rule – Tonya D. Hubinger
- Employment Law Alert – November 2012 – Tonya D. Hubinger , Ericka L. Ackeret
- Litigation Update – SOCIAL MEDIA IN TRIAL
- Employment Law Update – October 2011
- Shareholder Liability for Age Discrimination
- Employment Law Update – 2011
Attorney News & Announcements: