Tony Morris, Esq.
Phone: +44 20 7209 2000
Tony has more than 35 years experience of advising on a broad range of transactional and contentious matters, primarily focusing on the TMT sector and the creative media. He has a particular expertise in dealing with contractual and intellectual property matters. His clients include film, TV and other audio-visual producers, IT and entertainment software developers and distributors, record companies, music publishers, composers and musicians, book and online publishers, authors, brands and other creatives and media companies. He is also active as a qualified Arbitrator and an Accredited Mediator.
Tony joined Marriott Harrison LLP as a partner in 1995 from Cameron Markby Hewitt.
“Tony is a good reader of people, grasps problems quickly and is diplomatic in determining both sides of a dispute in a practical manner.” - Geoff Heath OBE, Board Member UKIE (Association for UK Interactive Entertainment)
- Advising on numerous copyright, design, trade mark, know-how and confidentiality matters, both contentious and non-contentious
- Advising on a numerous recent film and television productions
- Working with the Corporate Department on acquisitions, disposals and fund-raisings of businesses whose primary asset is intellectual property
- Negotiating a wide range of recording, music publishing, merchandising, software and licensing deals
- Arbitrating and mediating high profile disputes in the technology, media and entertainment industries
Area of Practice:
- Commercial and Media
- Film & TV Production