Thomas G. Potts, Esq.
Thomas G. Potts, shareholder. Mr. Potts was born at Scott Air Force Base, Illinois.
He has been named in The Best Lawyers in America in the area of Taxation in 1991 and from 1994 to the present and was listed in Oklahoma Super Lawyers in 2006.
He served as Staff Attorney, Office of Chief Counsel, IRS, 1977 – 1980. He donated his time as an Adjunct Federal Settlement Judge for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma from 1992 through 2003. He held the position of Tax Attorney, Cities Service Company from 1980 through1982. Mr. Potts also served as a 1st Lt. Infantry in the U.S. Army and as a Colonel in the U.S. Air Force (Reserve, Ret.). Mr. Potts practices in the areas of Tax Litigation and Criminal Taxation.
- University of Oklahoma, B.A., 1970
- Boston University, M.S.B.A., cum laude, 1974
- University of Tulsa, J.D., 1976
Phi Delta Phi member
Staff member of the Tulsa Law Journal, 1976
- Southern Methodist University, L.L.M. in Taxation, 1980
- Oklahoma Bar, 1977
- U.S. Tax Court, 1977
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas, 1978
- U. S. District Court, Northern District of Oklahoma, 1980
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims and U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1983
Associations and Memberships
- Oklahoma Bar Association