T.B. Nicholas, Esq.
Mr. Nicholas’ practice in property and casualty insurance includes litigation of first and third party matters arising from commercial and personal insurance packages, such as business interruption, products liability, business risk, property defense, and liability coverage. He has taken 63 jury trials to verdict. Mr. Nicholas’ experiences defending insureds ranges from lawsuits involving toxic and mass tort matters to personal injury, death, and professional negligence. He also handles construction cases and medical malpractice. Mr. Nicholas teaches trial advocacy for the National Institute for Trial Advocacy and continuing education for the Dallas County Community College District. He also serves as an adjunct professor of law at Southern Methodist University.
- State of Texas (1981)
- United States District Court—Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
- United States District Court—Western District of Oklahoma
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth and Tenth Circuit
- Texas Bar Association, Tort and Insurance Section
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section and Tort and Insurance Section
- Dallas Bar Association, Tort and Insurance Section
- Collin County Bar Association
- Texas Tech University, J.D., 1981
- Texas Tech University, B.A., 1978 (Cum Laude)
Publications and Acknowledgements
- “The Trouble With the ‘Acts of God’ Defense in Texas,” Insurance Journal, August, 2009.