Tate K. Sterrett, Esq.
Tate Sterrett’s practice focuses on family law and mediation. Mr. Sterrett has served six years on the Family Law Specialty Committee of the North Carolina State Bar Board of Legal Specialization. This committee is charged with preparing an exam and evaluating applicants who wish to be certified as specialists in Family Law.
Mr. Sterrett is a requested speaker at a number of local and state seminars and family law programs.
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML)
- Certified Specialist in Family Law, N.C. State Bar Board of Legal Specialization
- Certified Mediator in Family Financial cases
- Listed in “Best Lawyers in America”
- Listed in Business North Carolina “Legal Elite”
- Listed in Law & Politics Magazine as a North Carolina Super Lawyer
- J.D., University of Virginia, 1972
- B.A., Social Science, Davidson College, 1969
- North Carolina, 1972
- Mecklenburg County Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, Family Law Specialty Committee of North Carolina State Board of Legal Specialization, since 2006
- American Bar Association