Stuart Gold, Esq.
Stuart Gold is a partner in the Commercial Litigation department, and has over thirty years of experience in Bankruptcy Law and complex commercial litigation in state and federal courts. As a bankruptcy practitioner, he has represented debtors, secured creditors, and creditors, and a $400,000+ verdict in a nondischargeability action. In his Commercial Litigation practice, Stuart has handled cases involving shareholder disputes, estate and probate matters, pensions and a wide variety of contract disputes. He recently obtained a $1.1 million settlement for a client that was put into an inappropriate defined contribution plan. He is also on the roster of court appointed mediators for the Superior Court for civil and foreclosure cases.
He is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania and the Cornell Law School, and is admitted in the State and Federal Courts in New Jersey and New York. Stuart is the author of “Bankruptcy for the Matrimonial Practitioner,” chapter 52 of Family Law and Practice, by Winters and Baldwin. In addition, Stuart was an Adjunct Professor at Seton Hall Law School, where he has been teaching courses on “Remedies and Agency & Partnership” since 1998. In March 2009, he was a visiting professor at the University of Szeged in Hungary, where he taught courses on litigation and legal drafting.
Stuart serves as a member of the Lawyers Advisory Committee for the New Jersey State Bankers Association, and as a member, Business and Commercial Litigation Committee, New Jersey State Bar Association. He has served on the New Jersey Supreme Court Fee Arbitration Committee, Section V-B, and the New Jersey Supreme Court Ethics Committee, Section V-C.
- Cornell Law School, Ithaca, New York, J. D., 1981
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, B. A., cum laude, 1977
- New York, 1982
- New Jersey, 1986
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1983
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1983
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1986
- U. S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 1993
Areas of Practice:
- Banking, Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Commercial and Corporate Litigation
Honors and Awards:
- Super Lawyer, Business Litigation, 2010 – 2012
Professional Association Memberships:
- New Jersey State Bar Association
Member, Creditor-Debtor Relations Section
- Essex County Bar Association
- The ‘Gift’ of Liberty: Testamentary Manumission in New Jersey – 1791-1805
- “Bankruptcy for the Matrimonial Practitioner”, chapter 52 of Family Law and Practice, by Winters and Baldwin. New Jersey Practice, Volumes 10-12.
- “Discharge of Family Law Obligations in Bankruptcy”, The Matrimonial Strategist, Vol. 26, No. 9, September, 2008
- Remedies, Agency & Partnership – Seton Hall Law School
- Adjuct Professor – Seton Hall Law School, Newark, New Jersey
Attorney News & Announcements