Austin, Texas Attorney
Stuart D. Colburn, Esq.
Leadership: CLE Chair of Workers' Compensation Practice Group
Mr. Colburn is a shareholder who opened the Austin office of Downs Stanford, P.C. He manages the Board Representative Services. He attends Division and Legislative hearings and is a registered lobbyist. Mr. Colburn has extensive experience in all phases of dispute resolution before the Texas Department of Insurance, Division of Workers’ Compensation and in district courts across the state. He is board certified in workers’ compensation by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He routinely handles workers’ compensation, non-subscriber, subrogation, and bad faith litigation. Mr. Colburn is the current Course Director of the State Bar of Texas Advanced Workers’ Compensation Seminar and the Texas Workers’ Compensation Forum. He is the only Texas attorney serving on the LexisNexis Advisory Board and blogs weekly on workers’ compensation issues. He founded and serves as the Chair of the State Bar of Texas Workers’ Compensation Section. He is extremely active in the education of both adjusters and employers and is certified by the Texas Department of Insurance as a continuing education provider. A sought-after speaker, Mr. Colburn has delivered more than five hundred speeches regarding workers’ compensation around the country.
Bar Admissions and Professional Affiliations
- State of Texas (1994)
- State Bar of Texas
- Travis County Bar Association
- Founding Fellow, Travis County Bar Foundation
- Texas Department of Insurance CE Provider
- Registered Lobbyist
- University of Texas, J.D., 1994
- Southwestern University, B.A., 1991 (Cum Laude)
- Institute of Comparative Political and Economic Systems at Georgetown University, 1989
- Board Certified in Workers’ Compensation Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization